re panic attacks

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 27. Jan 2012, 09:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had blood test today,i hope they get it sorted and results sent as soon as possible.Had a good day tried to remember what skeizer said told myself its the meds and tried deep breathing that seemed to help.Mig

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,395
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done MIG

all being well it is the meds and if it isn't 'they' can teach you ways to conquer panic attacks.

Either way shoould be fixable.

Love

Toni xxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hiya, panic attacks are nasty. tip is to focus on your breathing and if someone is with you mimic theirs. it brings down your breathing and lowers your heart rate. it does work, for me anyhow :wink:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    mig i hope your results come back quickly and that they can see what are causing your panic attacks.
    I have had a couple and it is a scary feeling.

take care
    juliepf x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    I've just had a course of CBT (cognative behaviour Therapy,) because the pain and not being able to do things was getting on top of me and I'm depressed and have panic attacks. The course was very useful and I have to carry on by myself, now the short course is over, thats the idea, but I can go back.

It was on the NHS and lots of doctors refer people now. It hasn't taken the pain away but it has helped show me a few things for the depression and the panic. I don't know if you've thought of something like that, it might be worth asking and giveing it a go. It's no magic bullet, but it can help some people. Love Suexxx