update allergy to meds.

Options
cris
cris Member Posts: 35
edited 28. Jan 2012, 18:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Hope you are all ok and the cold isn't getting to any of you too much.

I had my appointment today at the rheumy they don,t know what the rash is either. he doesn't seem to think its follicullitis.(sp)

so I am to keep of the enbrel for another two weeks that will be a month off it. see if it gets any better then, if not go back on it He also changed my omaprazole to lanzaprole.(sp) he thinks it might be that. if not after a month I have to go see a dermatologist.

they do not seem to be bothered that I am suffering so much.
I have lost my appetite and I am so fed up of scratching its making me ill.
not to mention that now the enbrel is out of my system that my RA has flared up big time.

and the story continues

cris x

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Cris hun....What struck me about your post is them not being bothered.
    This is the caring!!! profession. I think not.
    Then to beat it all you have to wait.

You have to eat hun...even if you can't face a full meal....you need fuel of some sort.

Maybe we should all go with our banners and tents and refuse to move until something positive is done.
    Its taken me back...writing that...when I was 13 we sat in the High St with Ban the Bomb plackards....of course we didn't know really what we were all objecting to.

Sorry Cris...all of my yesterdays.
    Please please eat...being force fed is not nice and illegal.
    Thinking of you. Love May
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Chris sorry to hear your suffering so much and being itchy is a nightmare on top of the problems you have i know i've been tgere. Mine was with washing powder we had to get none bio and that done the trick.
    Anyway i do hope your feeling better soon and get sorted out.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Cris

l am sorry you are left still itching :(

It is becoming a saga isn't it? :roll:

Let's hope it is the omeprazole eh? and that you cope the next two weeks.

Love

Toni xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Do you take meds for blood pressure problems by any chance ? My itchy rash was caused by that , very common side effect I gather . Hope you dig your heels in and get yours sorted soon ; sending some scratching . Jillyb
  • cris
    cris Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you jillyb scratching gratefully received. I do take blood pressure meds. that will be the next one to go I think. I have stopped the stomach tabs two days now, no sign f it clearing up but have to give it a bit of time.

I dont know!!
    having to get rid of car soon too taking up too much money in fuel hubby bought it coz it was supposed to economical .. ha

have to save money son lost his job last week. going to see if we can part ex it for a hybrid they are cheap to run and if the government have their way my DLA will stop next year then I will be in s*** street.but the tax wont cost me a fortune then like this one if they do. off topic I know but I have to think about other stuff now as well as the ruddy rash.

I am eating now a bit, I lose my appetite when I get low.

and the saga as frogmorton says goes on :)

Thankyou for all your support, its good to get it off your chest and talking about it here helps me.

cris x