Big Garden Bird Watch, Tomorrow and Sunday

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 28. Jan 2012, 09:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you can spare an hour of your time this weekend why don't you join the Big Garden Bird Watch?

All you have to do is sit for an hour where you can see your garden, or go to the local park and just count the maximum number of bird species that land there over the course of an hour (in trees counts as well as on bird tables and, of course, on the ground). For example, if three sparrows land at the same time in the hour the answer is three. If one sparrow lands, flies away, then two sparrows then the maximum number would be two …..see what I mean?

If you go onto the RSPB website, link below, you can download a form that helps you to identify and carry out the survey. Then you just submit your results on line.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/?gclid

It's great to do with children and grandchildren or just on your own ….we're doing it, with over egg sandwiches at lunchtime :oops: oops hope the birds don't realise and boycott our garden :shock: :lol:

Hope you get a chance to join in. :D

Luv,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Will be doing. Every year we do it, and every year the birds know when we do. When hour is up they start appearing :lol:
    We still do it, but this year will leave it to later in the day.

: )
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • lindalegs
    :lol::lol: Clare exactly the same thing happens when we do it ...............my hubby reckons we should do it for 2 hours to get a better picture of all the lovely birds which normally come into the garden........but I won't let him!! :lol:

We normally do it with breakfast but we're trying at lunch this year to see if we get better results.

................Re-reading my text you'd wonder what I'm talking about here, hope no one has a dirty mind :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    glad I looked in this evening

just downloaded the sheet

will be watching, thank you fo reminding me I missed it last year and would have this year too

Juliepf x :D
  • lindalegs
    I love wrens Del they're my favourite bird but haven't seen one in my garden for the last two years.

Glad you're joining in Julie :D ............don't look in the mirror otherwise you'll have to put yourself down being as though you're a pink flamingo!!!!! :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    We live by the sea so our list would be : seagull ,seagull ,seagull ...... Jillyb
  • lindalegs
    jillyb1 wrote:
    We live by the sea so our list would be : seagull ,seagull ,seagull ...... Jillyb

Wow Jilly ..................but how many would land in your garden/park/beach in an hour????? it could still be worth you doing. :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Get plenty of the noisy beasts here in Leeds too. Horrible things. Wonder if they taste like chicken :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    They taste like fishy chicken . Jillyb