An update

Options
stlucia
stlucia Member Posts: 392
edited 31. Jan 2012, 11:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Gosh today is painful. How is everyone else doing?

Things have been very up in the air for me recently (my blog can fill you in if you are interested www.operationuptheduff.blogspot.com/) and my joints are creating havoc left, right and centre whilst not being on any significant medication. Even with pred and plaquenil, my joints are in a proper downhill spiral but I'm hoping it is all for a good cause.

I have got equipment arriving this week for the house to make things easier at home but getting the pain under control seems to be less easy. Any ideas for "holistic" pain relief? All I can take at the moment is paracetamol and the occasional codeine. Got the hot water on for a bath - that is if I can get in! :?

So what's the weather like around the country?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can't help with the voodoo stuff my dear, lol.. A hot bath is a wonderful thing though eh? I do miss mine.
    Just wanted to wish you well. Will have a quick nosey at the blog in a minute.

It's been really miserable and cold here in Leeds today...
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi stlucia
    Thanks for the link to your blog, its really interesting, has for the pain meds it is hit and miss really ...I am on co codamols and gabapentin but to be honest they are not working has well has they did.
    I have an Indian neighbour who vwery kindly come in to give me a massage with lavender oil...and I think the other oil is sesame, I do get relief
    from it, but I think its more down to the relaxing than anything else.
    You go and see your GP if you are in so much pain, see what else they can offer, one thing I am thinking about is acupuncture.
    you take care and keep up with that blog x
    Love
    Barbara
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Oh the natural way, well hotwater bottles go without saying , a massage if you can get an affordable one and try relaxation,meditation if you can.

It may help, I wouldnt be without me hotties and I have a massage once a month, am struggling with the med/relax stuff as pain too much but if you can manage to focus on summat its worth a try.

All the best.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Stlucia, The weather here in Redditch is blue skies but only 3oc so bloomin freezing! So not helping my poor flare up! Got heating on and snuggled in fur throw to keep warm. Have no idea about hollistic medicine! But I hope the equipment that arrives this week helps you around your home safely.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is very,very cold here (Middlesex)and that doesn't help with the pain. I want to go back to bed but not sure if I will ever get out again.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I sympathise because I have been there after my Lucy was born. I know you have a reason for being off meds and hoping that it will all work out for you in the end.Are you still struggling through a working day too?

Respect
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi sorry you have been in pain I sympathise as I have been in agony past while but as far as pain relief goes I give up as I have tried them all from the pain patches to the tablets and they either make me very sick/sleepy and out of it or they don't do a thing. I did have accupuncture for a while and the first session worked really well but 2nd lot seemed to not even with the electro pulses so we stopped it but worth a try for you. I would also recomend massage I get one when I can afford or look for offers at the salon and it does relax you and if it is an aromatherapy one they will use oils specific for your needs. I would also try Reiki as this can help if you go to a reputable person as there can be some cons out there and if they are legit you should see their certificates and make sure they are a Reiki level 2 or a Master if you are paying good money for it. I used to love a hot bath but after my mishap last night in my post below I will be sticking to my shower from now on. I got taught if my hands/wrists are sore to put them in cold water and hot water alternate so I fill sink with one and basin with other and do few mins in and out each for as long as I feel necessary. Good luck and I hope you get sorted as it aint fun being in pain all the time :-)
    Tracey
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    A big thank you to all you lovely people who have made me realise that I'm not in this alone! I'm off to book a massage :-) what a good idea! The hot bath is a good one too - I've turned the hot water on but now am pretty much stuck so don't think that if I can get in the bath, I'll be able to get out again! Could be a chilly night in the water!! Brr!

Wow it sounds like the whole country is freezing its bits off right now. What's this I hear about minus 11 to come? I'm off to get the thermals out - that is if I can get up!!

x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Stlucia,

Well the pond is still frozen so very cold here but at least it has been dry and a little winter sunshine.

I recently had a massage and it really did help with the tendons. It was an offer that was on at a local beauty therapist. Just a gentle one as I don’t want to chance anything to pummelling. :shock: I have another voucher so will be booking myself in again soon. :D