my body ache's all over.

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
edited 1. Feb 2012, 11:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all i hope you are all having a good day with not too much pain.
for the last few month's my body has ached all over and i feel worn out it's not so bad when i sit down standing makes it worse.
i think it's got worse after the op on my foot i do not have a problem with my foot it's my ankle that swells.
i take co=co's 30/100 and diclofenic and morphine 15 m.
sue took the dogs for their walk so i did not go in the cold and i have not gone swimming being in the water does not help and its warm i've been going for 16 years it just seemed nice not to go, i was told a few months ago i had ostoporosis in my hip one
thr if you have it there you have it in every bone in your body
and arther and c palsy.
i'm sorry i feel as if i'm moaning.when i said to the doctor he said take more morphine.
take care.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I'm sorry to hear of all the extra problems you are having. I can't really offer much help but I wondered if heat helped. I love wheat bags but what I wondered was does physio still have large heated lights? I used to be given exercise using these and the heat did make it easier. I used to have a few minutes to warm up then exercise and a few minutes to cool down before I moved. It was a big help.
    Take care and keep warm.

Love
    Yvonne x
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Hope things settle down and that you are feeling much better soon.

It is horrid all this stuff isnt it?

Don't be sorry you are not moaning you just want a bit of support and sympathy like we all do so you are in the right place !

(((((((hugs)))))) and pop a hot water bottle on sit with your feet up for a bit might help with the ankle swelling ??? the whole body ache is a nightmare i have had it for 3+ years :shock: just try and keep warm , a soak in hot bath ,that's what i tend to do it eases for a little while.

take care
    Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, oh Joan my lovely, things are conspiring against you at the moment, aren't they? (And do not apologise for moaning as that is something you rarely do.) I am sorry to hear you feel so rotten with pain, it is a tiresome part of this whole malarkey but that response from the doctor sounds about par for the course as there is very little the medical profession can do. I reckon it's best to stay indoors, keep as warm and as comfortable as you can and forget about moving around too much as your body is obviously telling you that that is a bad idea. Dr DD suggests lots of hot tea and a couple of warm crumpets, dripping with whatever topping you like - it's that kind of day. ((())) and a small dollop of love are wending their way towards you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Vonski Rose DD
    Vonski
    i use a wheatbag they are nice and warm.
    Rose
    we have a shower as sue is in a wheelchair the shower is good as you can put it where you want.
    DD
    thank you for for the kind words how is your lump doing.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon luvie (((x)))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon luvie (((x)))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Joan, Hope you get some relief from the pain soon. I'm in the same boat my flare up in my hips is making the pain drive down my left leg and into my left knee causing it to give way. I've been told to take oromorph on top of my M.S.T to ease the pain. Does your hip pain spread anywhere else? I can sit as long as I have my big pillow and my normal cushion are set in a certain way!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello dachshund, how's the crumpet intake? :) I reckon they are one of the best comfort foods around. I hope things have eased a little for you, I really do. ((())) and another dollop. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Joan
    Im so sorry to hear you are in so much pain, and please dont apologise about having a moan, you are always there for everyone, and I never hear you moan.
    I know how much you love your swimming and it is good for you, maybe after giving your bone some rest then you could go back to it.
    I hope that the meds they put you on to stop the bone thinning may help things, just ask your GP could all this aching be a side effect of the meds.
    I do hope you feel better very soon
    Sending you loads of hugs and try to keep warm ((((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Tracy Bubbadog DD Barbara.
    thank you tracy
    bubbadog my ache is all over its not so bad when i sit down.
    DD thank you yes crumpets are nice. how are you.
    Barbara.
    my legs get tired even doing little things as long as i'm stood on my feet the ache's there.
    the doctor said the ache is worse becouse of having both things wrong.
    i hope everyone's having a good day.
    thank you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Joan
    So sorry you are in pain at the moment.All you can do is rest,keep warm,indulge in something you fancy and have a good moan!
    If I had a magic wand would wave it your way............ :!:
    Ron xx
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Ron.
    how is your ankle is it worse now we have the cold weather.
    you take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Oh I am sorry that you are still suffering so badly. I can well understand that it is all getting you down. It is very frustrating when you cannot do even the smallest jobs before having to sit down.

Not a lot that I can add to everyone else’s comments but I would stay in while this awful cold weather is about and yes crumpets with proper butter on are very comforting.

Lots of gentle hugs,

I x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Ironic.
    yes i sure the cold make's it worse and age is against it as well.
    you take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely Dachshund, I do emapthise as I am going through a rough patch at the moment and it is very trying. :( Hey-ho and yes, age does make a difference to all things. :roll: You keep snug and warm and I hope thing begin to pick up soon. I am thinking of you. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Dear Joan

l am so so sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly :(

being such a lovely person always 'there' for all of us.

Is it the extra issue of the osteoporosis as well?? l think it must be....though l'm sure you are doing all they have asked you to do - taking your medications etc.

I wish there was something l could say or suggest to help, but all l can do is say, take care - l am thinking of you and hope this is a flare which will subside very soon.

Love and (((((Joan)))))

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Joan

I am sorry I am late in replying to your thread. I am sorry to read that you are in so much pain.
    I hope today is a little better for you.
    Take care, keep warm
    Love & hugs Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Joan
    Just popping in to wish you well, and I really do hope today is less painful
    You take care and keep warm xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Thank you Ron.
    how is your ankle is it worse now we have the cold weather.
    you take care.
    joan xx

Hi Joan
    How are you feeling today,hope things are getting better.Ankle possibly worse with the cold weather,problem is it was still early days after the op. last summer so can't compare hot and cold days.
    You take care to Joan.
    Ron xx
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you DD Toni Julie Barbara Ron.
    i will be pleased when the ache calm's down but there is a lot worse thing's i could have wrong.
    i hope everyone's had a good day.
    take care thank you for your help.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx