Something good for once...!

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 1. Feb 2012, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I hope everyone is keeping warm in this brass monkey weather :D
Well, some of you may know that I have had a bad time of it over the past 18 months or so with a continuous flare, my poor back has been extremely bad this week, I liken the pain to an electric shock across the lower back or if you've ever been unfortunate enough to bite down on silver paper/foil on a filing, you know what I mean.
Well, today my best friend popped in to cheer me up bringing magazines and chocolate and we sat and had a chat, bless her she's got her own problems that are far worse than mine, and we were feeling a bit blue.
So, I decided enough! My hubby helped me upright, wrapped me up warm and my friend and I went for a walk, I say walk, well she was walking I took 'Poppy' the mobility scooter out for first time! We didn't go far, but I had added a head scarf to complete the look and boy did we get some funny looks! but I care not! for the first time in well over a year I managed to get out and about unaided :D we were having such a craic and behaving like a pair of eejits, being completely silly :lol: it thoroughly cheered us up :D thought I'd pass on that even though my body may be falling apart there's nothing wrong with my 'chuckle muscle' love and gentle warming hugs to all Xxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Popster.. That's great to read.. I'm really pleased that you managed to get out. Let's hope it's the start of a new independence along with the new wheels eh?

We've had a lovely but tiring day here in enniscorthy..

Wish you all the best mi dear :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Glad you got out....it does do you good doesnt it?
    The only thing about scooter in this weather is its so much colder than walking ....even on a reasonable day it can be cool.....but never mind it gets us there and back rather than sitting in the house.
    Love
    hileena
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Glad you managed to get out, and to behave like a pair of immature kids too?? tut tut lmao.. :lol::lol:
    Who cares ?? you both had a good time and you were smiling, thats all that matters..
    Hope you have many more little adventures to keep that chuckle muscle going..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Poppy sounds like you and your friend had a good time and the fresh air....well that will have done you both good. :D
    well done for going out :D

Any choccy left? :wink:

Love Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Good to hear some positive news , Poppy , amazing how much brighter you can feel after a bit of fresh air . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Good on ya Poppy!! It's time for a sing along!! 'Always look on the bright side of life!' It's better to try and find funny things when you feel pretty rubbish! I've got myself addicted to 'The Sims' I'm enjoying that and it helps take my mind off my vile pain, well that and morphine!! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I shall shortly be braving the arctic air with the Clatterator as I have some errands to run (ha-ha :( ) I need the exercise and I too am hoping that this will lift my flagging spirits. Good for you Poppy, sometimes it's very good for us to fight back against the demands of this disease, it does give our flattened spirits a tonic and I am very pleased that you did it! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Good for you Poppy, its the little things that keep us going. :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Dear Poppy

thank you so much for putting your thread up.

I could almost read you smiling about the laugh you two had. well done both of you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    May the good times continue along with the sunshine and laughter.
    Well done u. xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thank you Poppy for giving my chuckle muscle a work out it really did need it ,
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx