Hello

jan50ish
jan50ish Member Posts: 47
edited 4. Feb 2012, 12:15 in Say Hello Archive
Or possibly hello again. I registered some time ago but not sure if I had said hello. I have been popping in and out since then. Anyway I am 50ish and have OA. I had both hips replaced a few years ago. Ops 6 months apart and further unsucessful soft tissue repair on my left hip a year later. I have been left with a painful and unstable hip and consequently have had to stop work. I was a health care assistant for nearly 30 years. I have found it quite hard to adapt to my new way of life but I am getting there. Sometimes when down in the dumps and feeling sorry for my self I remind myself how awful it was before I had the first op...I needed help to get out of bed,not just the physical help but a glug of oramorph 15mins before.....so this is me and hello to you all :)

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome :D

It is tough getting used to a new way of life. This forum helps though, peeps are supportive and friendly. You have obvioulsy had it tough, I am glad things have improved for you. Are you having physio etc now to help?
  • jan50ish
    Hi and thankyou for your welcome. I have a regime of exercises that I do at home.These are really to try and maintain the stability that I have but from time to time I do have a few sessions with my physio just to keep me on my toes so to speak. I can managed to walk only a short distance on two crutches,and use a wheelchair or my trusty steed when I leave the house.Steed being my mobility scooter. Took a long time deciding to get one, My other half more than willing to push a chair but really hard being so reliant on him, now I can zip around my small town as and when I chose too.
  • jan50ish
    I forgot to say I have metal on metal hips,not sure about mentioing names but they are the ones that are subject to the recall. Ironically they are sound,in at the right angle and blood tests at the moment ok. My problem is to do with muscle, soft tissue and nerve damage.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jan

just a quick welcome from me.

I noticed you on LWA abit back with an annoying vanishing message...taht happens to me all the time.

Lovely to meet you anyway and look forward to seeing you around :)

Toni xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Jan

just a quick welcome from me.

I noticed you on LWA abit back with an annoying vanishing message...taht happens to me all the time.

Lovely to meet you anyway and look forward to seeing you around :)

Toni xxx
    that and Typing errors!! :oops: