Need to give up my plumbing job,, any ideas on what to do?

carlad
carlad Member Posts: 4
Hi guys, let me introduce myself.. My name is Carla and I'm 21. I suffer with PA, diagnosed at 17 but I've had it since 14. I work as an apprentice plumber and am in my final year in college. Recently after a 7 month break from Methotrexate (due to illness) and my arthritis progressing in more joints, I have started treatment again.I built myself back up to the dosage I was on previously and have just started on methoject. Problem is my arthritis is out of control and I seem to be having constant flare ups. Its all getting me really down because I can't do my job, and I feel I'm pushing myself to hard and making things worse. My boss is sort of understanding but i've tried to explain things to the lads I work with but they think I'm just trying to get out of work ( all of which isn't helped with me being a female in the construction industr quite a lot of time off work with illness and hospital appointments and I feel the lads are becoming distant with me. I want to do another 2 years learning so I can go into a role which is not hands on but don't think I can last another 2 years on the tools physically or mentally. I need job ideas for when I have finished this year in college. Please help

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Carla
    Well done you, you have done so well so far dispite being so ill and in a man's world too.
    Carla whatever you do you must carry on with your studies, You really need to get as many work certificates as you can, now while you have the chance you will have a hard life without them.
    Carla you are young and will not reach state pension age till you are nearly seventy, Think very carefully - a qualified plumber can earn a lot of money for doing not a lot of work. If you go in the right direction you be able to have a good life. Ask your collage course tutor or whoever can guide you they may be able to reduce your workload to enable you to continue, even though it may take you a little longer . It will be worth it in the end.
  • amboritic
    amboritic Member Posts: 66
    Very subtle bit of SPAM.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    I quite agree with you i have banned and deleted the plumber.
  • amboritic
    amboritic Member Posts: 66
    Just so lululu knows the spam has been removed and my post does not refer to you or the OP in any way.
  • carlad
    carlad Member Posts: 4
    Well it looks like I've missed all the fun :) And thanks so much lululu that really was the help I needed. I'm now thinking of going to uni with the hope of a less hands on role in design (this will ofcourse pay ALOT more :D ) I'm determined to prove everyone who has ever doubted me wrong. Thanks again!! :D
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    I have missed it too, Thanks ambrionic. Well done Carla, I am pleased I can be helpful to someone. I hope it all works out well for you.