ITS'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
edited 6. Feb 2012, 11:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
yep big fat hairy drops fast and furious in the Midlands :D

r068.gif we are all in though and warm dry and stocked up.

Hope everyone else is ok??

Love

Toni xxx

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Toni.
    how are you it's been snowing here on and off in swindon
    wiltshire.
    keep warm.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, I have never heard snow being termed as 'big fat hairy drops'! I am envious, it has been trying here but all it has managed so far is very fine sleet-like rain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    We have a light covering here, it is snowing steadily. I am also in the midlands :D

It is so pretty, I love to see the snow, but quickly get bored of the hazards and disruption!!!
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    No snow here yet in north west London, dry and very cold though.
    Everyone keep warm and snug indoors X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    BIG FAT HAIRY DROPS LMAO i'm still laughing.

TONI can you just see the weather man on the telly saying yes its snowing in the midlands and its coming down in big fat hairy drops. ( my eys are streaming)

its raining in Liverpool lol
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    he he he!!!

well they are Big fat and Hairy....the type that sticks....Suzygirl l will blow some up to you and some accross to you too DD :D

l love it too, but only if it goes the next day :lol:r070.gif

l am fine Joan and l hope you and everyone else is too?

Love

Toni xxx
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I wish it would stop. I hate snow. Too damn cold and slippy for me.
    Flossy
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    We don't have any on the south coast, I did not realise till we had all that snow last year that not alll snow is the same, the we could not make a snowman or snowballs because the big fat hairy drops would not stick together.
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    No snow yet in South Lincolnshire. Hope it holds off until 8pm as my daughter should be home from work by then. She has a 20 mile drive in the dark so I would sooner it not snow. It does talk of it starting any time now though and carrying on for a few hours.
    It was snowing at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk when I left at 8am this morning.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Just a few miles from Toni, yes it's pretty 'full on' here. Infact our road is getting impassable. However, it has not stopped hubby going out to get the chippy for tea! He wouldn't accept my alternative, various items from the freezer. How rude!

He'd better not dink my car either! :wink:

I don't like snow :|

Janie
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    no snow in south west london yet but its really cold.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    PollySid wrote:
    No snow yet in South Lincolnshire. Hope it holds off until 8pm as my daughter should be home from work by then. She has a 20 mile drive in the dark so I would sooner it not snow. It does talk of it starting any time now though and carrying on for a few hours.
    It was snowing at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk when I left at 8am this morning.

Luck you started just before 1pm and has not stopped.... but not proper snow it is that horrible fine stuff..
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    We have quite a layer now. My kitten Izzy, has never seen snow before and is really unsure about it :? She isn't scared, but definitely doesn't want to go out :lol:
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    we now have snow but only lightly at present
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    It's been coming down quite heavily for a couple of hours now, my 3 eejit sons have been out already having a snowball fight :shock: the worst of it is my youngest's on crutches!!! :roll: what is it about snow and children :lol:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    About 4 inches of snow here, now stopped, looks lovely, but not venturing out. Hope everyone is taking lots of care, keeping warm. xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    We have a good five inch plus covering here, more in places. My poor daughter is having top walk home from work as the buses have already stopped and the taxis won't go get her.
    It's about three and a half to four miles, bless her, she'll be frozen..
    Her chap is working nights up near richmond, north yorkshire. Hope he can get home in the morning..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Love the snow,
    Felt ok yesterday so last night OH and i took dogs for a run in the snow and rolled snowballs for the dogs they loved it..
    It was still snowing when i went to bed around 10-11..
    Woke this morning to a lovely blanket of snow all around, am unable to move due to too much yesterday but am sat in me chair with hottie looking out at the snow on the ground..
    Oh and kids are off out sledging, i soooooo wish i could go.. i love it..
    Take care all, hope you all stay safe and warm..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    It started snowing here about 7pm and got gradually worse. It was windy and with the snow being so fine it has drifted. Grandsons are itching to get out in it. It looks lovely at the moment with no footprints in it and the gentle slopes of the drifting. It has nearly covered a football in the back yard and is above the threshold of the door.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    We got caught in the snow last night after spending a lovely evening out with friends. We didn't realise how bad it was getting, so the roads were terrible by the time we set off home. Cars were skidding and getting stuck on all the hills; it was very scary and we had to do a big detour to try to find a route without any big hills. A journey which usually takes about 15 minutes took us over an hour, so I was very relieved to get safely home.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm glad that you got home safely Joan. Out took Toni a couple of hours to walk home from work last night. Hope her knees are alright. She someones suffers with bad knee pain. I'm hoping she's not got the knees I have :?
    I've not yet been out in it. I'm flaring again, probably due to overdoing things and the trip home. Been expecting it.
    So will rest for the weekend..

Enjoy the snow folks..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, the big, fat, hairy drops arrived overnight and it's lovely! It amazes me how idiotic some people are with this sort of weather. A van driver tried to clear his windscreen (with four inches or so stuck to it) with a postcard then drove off with only a little porthole to look through whilst a woman slid down the pavement opposite in high-heeled boots. A little further on she sat down, quite suddenly! Twerps. Fat Dave from two doors up, however, took a broom to his 4by4, cleared the windows and body before setting off. Thin Tom (five doors up) is peering at his Picasso - his battery's gone I think. I can't be bothered to check Daisy's - she'll either start or won't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi All
    i hope everyone has enjoyed the snow. i'm pleased we didnot have a lot of it go carefull if you have to go out in it.
    keep warm.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    and now the melt...just cannot wait for tomorrow and the ice ring that is lightly to welcome me tomorrow am at 6:15am when i step out to attempt to walk the dog.. YUK. The roads are clear now it is just the paths.... i just wish people would clear them and put grit/salt down. Hubby went out and cleared us yesterday but it was covered with snow quickly that he gave up but because he had put grit and salt down it is lovely and clear now...
    Roll on spring/summer...
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Had a sprinkling of snow Friday night here in East Kent.Most came Saturday night (about 4-6"),fortunately had got back from a beer festival in Dover before it came................ :D They got the weather forecast spot on.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)