Re:How the hell!!??

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 6. Feb 2012, 06:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I can't get my head around this couple of thieves honestly their taking the p**s, why they feel they need to do this is beyond me, if I had my way I'd force them to pay it all back with interest. One other thing Is this DLA money?, if so how in hell can they be allowed to claim it with £10 million in the bank?.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9061259/Lottery-winners-receive-benefits-despite-10.2-million-win.html

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i just do not know how they can still take it when those that need it are not getting it something so wrong these days val
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I did read it in the Mail, with the mention of DLA not being means tested. Well, fair enough, it never has been as far as I can remember, but surely there needs to be a ceiling level, as in 10 million is just about enough to get by on :!: :!: :!: There are so many in desperate need, who are having their DLA cut or stopped altogether, the whole process has gone totally to pot. If I had 10 million in the bank I, along with most people, would ask them to stop payments. I am sure we could scrape by.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    This case does seem to make a strong case for means testing DLA, but it would probably be much too expensive to administer. As with all universal benefits, it seems unfair for the very wealthy people to be claiming when others have to struggle so hard just to get by.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Mell

they are right...it is not means tested and they sound to be entitled to it....

but it is not ethical is it??

they should be ashamed of themelves really :(

Love

Toni xxx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    The problem is if means tested it would be to expensive. My lad girls friends dad has had several strokes....has had to give up work ...has to walk with a stick and at times cannot do anything for himself and sleeps on the couch because he is unable to get upstairs...and yes you have guessed it...got turned down, we have told him to appeal it. They do not have a brass bean no saving and it make me so mad...but what can you do??
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    well would you believe it..to be honest if I had that sought of money I would be happy not to have to claim anything.. :|
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If I won £10,000,000 I would be glad not to have to go through all that form filling and hassle claiming DLA.

I'm sure if you have a council house you cannot own another property, even in another country. I remember another couple wanted to continue to live in their council house after a lottery win but the council said they had to go.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I think it's really disgusting, they should be really ashamed of themselves.. Money grabbing swines....
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    This is an ethical argument, the system that gives to those that need, gives to those that don't, come 2013 I doubt if anyone will get anything!

The sums talked about are all figures in the sky for most us and have little relevance to our lives but one last comment; this issue has been forced to the fore by the economic strategies followed by those that are supposed to know better, can we have their pensions?
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    whoops missed the former council house.
    Not sure why they bothered mentioning it in the article then......

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    there are a lot of people getting benefits in this country that should not be..

i have read about people letting there council houses in the daily papers.

there will always be scroungers in this country ..

i am sorry to say.