CATS!!!!!!

Options
lululu
lululu Member Posts: 486
edited 13. Feb 2012, 06:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
Spent all day moving into the spare room could only do a little at a time because of pain, my cat has been watching the procedings very closely. He often finds his way onto the bed in spare room and obviously likes being there but not to-night! I have tried and tried for the last three hours to get him to come to bed. He is an old cat and loves bedtimes when we have our big sleep, normally I just have to say lets go to bed and like a typical male he can't get there fast enough and will sit up on the bed waiting for me.
He is now snoring his head of on a chair, I sleep better when he is with me and have got into bed twice thinking he will follow but no.
He is just being obstinate, well I refuse to open our old room door for him and I am going to bed without him .

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ohhh poor pudy cat
    Hope you can sleep without it because thats one stubbon cat.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    LOL, cats bless them. e will come round when it comes to feed time im sure.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Cats have minds of their own, and they never do things to order.

There's a saying along the lines of this:

The difference between dogs and cats is that dogs come when called, but cats take a message and get back to you

Your cat is probably thinking things over if you have been moving things around, so he'll let you know later where he wants to sleep.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you will not hurry a cat bless they do not like change val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    My cat doesn't like change either!!!!! I hope your cat has settled down.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm afraid cats always like to change where they sleep, they will always find a new fav place! Our Bubba has decided he likes his afternoon snooze on our poofs now! Depending on who he wants fuss off he will sit on the persons poof . Phil and I have a big poof each to rest our legs on. And now we have to share it with a Bubba now and again! Luckily he's a daddy's boy at the minute! Bubba used to share our bed with us, and sleep at the bottom until he decided to go and wee in the rooms. Now he has his own room with his huge dog bed in it and a piece of quilt in it!
  • lululu
    Options
    Well he has thought about it and has to admit that I am right again! We were just talking about that (cat and I ) a few days ago , how I usually have good ideas.
    I did not sleep a wink till around 3am. when he leaped up on top of me just as I was nodding off.
    Where is cat beutifull cat (an old ginger tom) now on the bed we had been arguing about of course having his after lunch cat nap I will expect to see him up around 5pm.
    But till then I shall shower him with kisses every time I pass his open door, he just pretends he is sleeping.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi Lululu, I think they like to test us! When ever bubba comes past OH he picks him up and gives him lots of fuss and kisses then lets me fuss him and give him lots of kisses. They know we love them. That's why we get lots of presents in the mouse and bird splattered over kitchen kind! :lol:
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    ahh i love cats my dear old tabby dies age 17yrs..

we have a dog now lv him to but he hates cats so i cannot get another moggie..

sad :cry:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    This is Ra in his new box.. Lol
    He's a right lump.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/TJT6768/2012-02-09144149.jpg
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Not sure if this will work as not tried videos yet.. Should be my daughters five kittens, of varying ages, lol.. All gorgeous..
    http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/TJT6768/video-2012-02-09-13-14-01.mp4
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • smol
    smol Member Posts: 43
    Options
    There is a fantastic video doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment. It's a cat sat in a window barking like a dog. A human walks in and the cat starts meowing. I had no idea cats could imitate another animal. It was so funny it hurt
    Sarah

‎"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."- Edward Everett Hale
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I've just been told that I can have a cat. Previous landlord wouldn't allow pets. New ones said it's ok. Going to try the rescue centres.
    Flossy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    smol wrote:
    There is a fantastic video doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment. It's a cat sat in a window barking like a dog. A human walks in and the cat starts meowing. I had no idea cats could imitate another animal. It was so funny it hurt

My Daisycat says she would not lower herself :wink:

Love

Toni xx

Had abad day yesterday had to have bro's cat put to sleep at age 7 :cry: He was Daisycat's Dad.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    FABULOUS news Flossy!!

good luck

Love

Toni xx
  • flossy47
    Options
    I can hardly wait to start looking. I've missed having a pet since we had to give the dogs away when we moved to derby. Now that I'm here on my own I could do with a bit of company. I couldn't manage a dog now because of my hands and wrists.
    Flossy
  • frogmorton
    Options
    If you bring the cat up right it'll be the perfect pet for you Flossy.

My Daisy needs very little 'looking after'.

I can't wait either....let us know who you get and what he/she looks like :)

Love

Toni xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Flossy,

contact your local rescue centres. They may well have a cat suitable for you which is around a year or so old. And it'll vaccinated and neutered - saves a fortune!

I have two cats - Camilla (17 in April) and Tara (10). Both bonkers but we love em to bits.

Hijack warning: Tony - loved the picture of Ra in his box. Camilla has a box at the moment which we got from L*dl last week and which she absolutely loves. It's got a drop front which is ideal for her as she's arthritic in 3 legs (and mustn't forget to mention the heart murmur 'cos if I do she'll give me a deadly look when I get home ...).

Flossy, don't forget to get your balled up piece of paper ready and your bit of string - playtime is beckoning! Please let us know who 'adopts' you as their human.

Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • flossy47
    Options
    I will have to wait for a couple of weeks now as I'm a little short of funds at the moment. I'll let you know when I get one and see if I can get a pic.

Tony. I think Ra is lovely.
    Flossy
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Grace, Flossy.. Ra is a handsome chappy eh? He bloody knows it though, lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEFVyBKzWFc&sns=em

check this out. The cutest type of kitten ever.. The Scottish Fold.. Absolutely adorable...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Cats
    Well their not bad with plenty of brown sauce
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • lululu
    Options
    Flossy that's great news please think about getting an older cat as they are often hard to rehome. I brought my cat home 1 year ago and he was 14. I know I am setting myself up for early heartbreak,but he is just perfect if only he would learn how to shut doors and make a cup of tea.

Tony my cat likes to lie that way and I am going to make him a box I just happen to have a memory foam off cut - he will be demanding brakfast in bed next!!
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Tony my cat likes to lie that way and I am going to make him a box I just happen to have a memory foam off cut - he will be demanding brakfast in bed next!![/quote]

Don't let them fool you, all.cats are capable of making tea and breakfast etc. I know as Ra had told me all of their secrets...
    :D

PS, Ra invented memory foam.. True story :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    Options
    flossy47 wrote:
    I will have to wait for a couple of weeks now as I'm a little short of funds at the moment. I'll let you know when I get one and see if I can get a pic.

We'll be waiting Flossy :D

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I'm in love with the 'Scotish fold kitten' that Tony showed us on the utube post! I've even added it to my fav's! Don't tell Bubba as he thinks 'he's the only loveable cat in our village!' :lol: