No Adjustments

Options
Emily
Emily Member Posts: 124
Taking my employer to Tribunal next week, hope it goes OK not sure as I have never done this before, has anyone else been there to give me some pointers. :idea:

Comments

• deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Emily....no adjustments can be made apparently apart from reducing my hours to 4 a day but only if I step down as a supervisor and if I go back as a general assistant I would be on a new contract and subject to a probation period of 3 months like a new starter (I have been with the company 21/2 years!!!) And I asked about taking a break of maybe 5 mins if I felt like I needed to sit down and my manager said no because they have no chairs I WORK IN A BLOOMING CAFE WHICH HAS A STAFF CANTEEN ATTACHED!!!! new career me thinks. Oh and he also told me that to have a better chance of claiming any benifits I would probably be better off handing my notice in!!! They think you are stupid!! Good luck x Dee x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about ankle fusions but hope you get some help and info soon.
    As to handing in your notice to claim benifits, don't ever do that because you'll loose out in the end. They're just wanting the easy way out. I think it's shocking that your employer won't make adjustments for you and I know it's against the law for them not to do this.
    Best of luck to both of you.
    R.
  • Emily
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Emily....no adjustments can be made apparently apart from reducing my hours to 4 a day but only if I step down as a supervisor and if I go back as a general assistant I would be on a new contract and subject to a probation period of 3 months like a new starter (I have been with the company 21/2 years!!!) And I asked about taking a break of maybe 5 mins if I felt like I needed to sit down and my manager said no because they have no chairs I WORK IN A BLOOMING CAFE WHICH HAS A STAFF CANTEEN ATTACHED!!!! new career me thinks. Oh and he also told me that to have a better chance of claiming any benifits I would probably be better off handing my notice in!!! They think you are stupid!! Good luck x Dee x

Dee, It is awful being pain. Have you got a contract and staff handbook look at them both and see what it says about grievances as you must put one to them even by way of a letter expressing that they adjustment they have made for you is not acceptable. As you are still on your feet all day and ask them to send you to their Occupational Health Advisor, if they have one.

Also you must see your GP as you must be in pain, not that employers care, tell your GP that you cannot stand all the time in your job.
    Also contact Access to Work they will come in to your place of employment and make an assessment for you.

The link below will tell you if you are eligible for them to see you to make an assessment, they will pay for all the adjustments which depends on how big your employer is.

My employer is very big organisation and they contract out their OHA services, for such a big organisation you would think that money would be no problmes for them, but 'no' they do not want to send me to their OHA as it will cost them money and the manager said she managing me OK. Also had AtoW in and they did a wonderful assessment for me but that was 18 months ago and no they did not buy me the equipment. :x :x

https://forms.direct.gov.uk/forms/form/275/en/access_to_work-check_your_eligibility

Let me know if you are eligible for AtoW and how things pan out for you
    I will try and help all I can.
    Best of Luck.

Emily
  • Emily
    Options
    Forgot to add do not let them put you on a new contract as they will sack you, employers do not want people sick or disable as it will cost them money no matter how big the company is as are money is GOD to them. :x :x