Help with the Occ Health in work please....

Decky
Decky Member Posts: 65
Hello there again everyone i've been advised to start a new thread so heres my question if anyone can help?
I've RA im 24,
I recently come clean to my employer that ive RA

I got another letter to see the Occ health doctor on the 14th.
In the letter there is a questionnaire for me to fill in...
It says on it the info which i give will assist my employer in assessing what reasonable adjustments are necessary to my duties or working environment.

So what should i say should i say i've been feeling tired an sore its just i'm afraid to say to much because at the back of the questionnaire theres a results part for the Occ health to fill in,,,
which has things like,
Fit for designated post?
Fit with adjustments as recommended?
Unfit?

Really need some pointers as what should i do?
THANKS!

Comments

• Decky
    Decky Member Posts: 65
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for your feedback delboy,
    I come home from work sore + shattered and short tempered which isnt good,
    I didnt know you can claim benefits while working. im currently not claiming anything just struggling through full time work,
    I feel paracetamol helps me more than other tablets

Thanks again Delboy! :)
  • yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    delboy wrote:
    OH are there to help you do your job and to ensure that your employers make the adjustment required for you to continue the job. They are 'neutral' so will not sway there opinion in either direction to favour either you or your employer.

You haven't said if you are finding your job difficult or if it is making your RA worse but having an OH report will making claiming benefits easier should it come to that and don't forget you are entitled to claim DLA even when working.

It's good that you have told them about your RA.[/quote

Hi can you tell me how the 2010 act work I work full time had moderate oa
    Since 2009 but always got on with it untill December when doctor put me off um in to my fourth month now waiting for phyosio then maybe operation been to occy health asked hom do I come under 2010 act he said no can you help please
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Decky wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback delboy,
    I come home from work sore + shattered and short tempered which isnt good,
    I didnt know you can claim benefits while working. im currently not claiming anything just struggling through full time work,
    I feel paracetamol helps me more than other tablets

Thanks again Delboy! :)

You must asked to see their OHA and then check if you are eligible for Access to Work Assessment.

https://forms.direct.gov.uk/forms/form/275/en/access_to_work-check_your_eligibility

They are wonderful people and will do a good assessment for you and the employer will pay if they are a big organisation and if they are small they may not have to pay or perhaps 20% cost of the equipment if you need it, that can be anything from a chair to other substantial equipment. :wink: It is worth checking to see if you can get their assistance

Em