Thank you

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 10. Feb 2012, 09:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I only joined this forum a few days ago, but already I find it such a comfort to know there are people out there who understand and care. I am amazed and humbled by people like DD and Tillytop, who have clearly been through, and are still going through the mill with this horrid disease, yet remain positive and supportive to others, so perhaps some good can come from their dreadful experiences.
The support, advice, sympathy and comfort offered by you all, along with some cracking humour, is just priceless.
I wish I was better with words, but I really just want to say, thank you all and you're ALL AMAZING!
Numpty

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    (OK, assume the accent of the American deep south heyah!)

Whiy, thaaank you, ain' chew sweeyat? We do ah best to heyulp 'cos we sure do know whaht it's liyak, an' we kno' how terf things can beyah. f020.gif

Seriously Numpty, no thanks are required although they are appreciated. All of us on here know how demoralising, debilitating and depressing dealing with arthritis (in all its guises) can be because we've all been there, read the books, seen the films and have numerous Tshirts. There used to be an old advert for a cigarette whose strap line was 'You're never alone with a Strand.' Well, now you're never alone with your arthritis 'cos we're all with you. Simples. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Numpty, We just like to look after each other, we're all in the same boat, and sometimes people like family and outside friends are alright but they really haven't a clue what we feel and how much pain we're going through, not like AC crew!! And don't worry about not knowing what to say, you soon learn the AC talk!! :lol:
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Numpty...

Others who dont have arthritis {even family} cant appreciate {dont think thats the right word :lol: what we go through.
    At least when you come on here we all have different kinds but understand pain and what we all go through.
    There is always someone going through the same thing as you.
    Someone saysd ankle.....I know little about that but others will
    Glad you are getting help from it

Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello again NumptyDumpty

I am so pleased that you are finding the forum such help and support - I felt very alone with my arthritis until I found the forum and it was a revelation to be able to share with others in a similar situation with one form of (to borrow one of DD's phrases) this "evil pestilence" or another.

Love Tillyxxx

PS - you are VERY good with words Numpty - that was a lovely post. Thank you for your kind words :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the kindness and help they have given me.
    it is thanks to this forum we can cope with arther and all the things we have to do to try and keep him controled.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi numpty
    Its is good to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through, much better than meds sometimes..
    Love
    Barbara
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    I agree Numpty! I have only just joined this forum and already i have felt better talking to people who understand and appreciate what were all going through and having to contend with!

As the saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved :D
    LOVE EMMA X