BACK HURTS

Options
paddyw
paddyw Member Posts: 93
edited 9. Feb 2012, 14:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,Not been on for a while,but do read at times as to whats going on.Hope all of you are not having to bad a day.I wounder if any could help? I have RA few years now,on no meds,For about 2 weeks now my mussels in my back both sides ache its quite bad at times does anyone know if it has any thing to do with RA? Had chest infrection 3 weeks back had penicllin which cleared it up a bit. Just thought i would ask see if anyone has had this Many Thanks. Pat w

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi paddyw
    Sorry I dont have RA, but I was wondering if you could have pulled a muscle, thats if you have been coughing or the pain could be coming from your lungs...you go and see your GP to be on the safe side.
    Wishing you well with everything ..and please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is tempting at times to blame all things on arthritis but sometimes it just is not the case. I reckon you have pulled something, moved or twisted awkwardly and pop goes a muscle or two but please remember I am NOT a doc! I recently pulled my chest muscles on the right hand side, that led to diclofenac for a week or so and that helped. I think it's best to go and see your GP and have him check you over and I hope he can help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • paddyw
    paddyw Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks DD and Barbara,I was thinking of going back to doc,Try get in next week if lucky! Patw
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Pat,
    Have to agree that you need to go back to your doctor to have it checked out just to put your mind at rest if nothing else.
    Hubby does tend to hurt his ribs when he has a cough but after having a chest infection it is always best to make sure it has cleared up properly.

let us know how you get on,

I
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Pat

backs are very painful aren't they? When you have hurt your back the muscles can go into spasm and then, by the heck can it hurt!! I find heat helps my back best when that happens.

I tend to agree with the advice to see someone when you can. Better safe than sorry.

Do let us know how things are

Love

Toni xx