update on my knee

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 10. Feb 2012, 07:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I phoned the consultants secretary tuesday asking if they had a date for my knee manipulation,she said I am down for 23rd Feb. ( 2 weeks today) by a registrar, as consultant is on his hols. So hopefully this will get my knee moving ,if not goodness what they will do next.
The pain is still horrendous and my leg tends to buckle under me now.
Also having problems with work, they keep demanding when I'm coming back to work (althout their OT said how long is a piece of string) evn this morning I phoned my boss to give her the date for manip. op, and all she said was so are you going to be out that day or kept in ,i don't know.. think she thinks I will be going back to work day after op and everything will be hunky dory (I WISH)
Beginning to think she might be thinking of paying me off as everyones hours have been cut... As if I haven't got enough to worry about without worrying whether I have a job or not.
Really feel like sawing this leg off at thigh at moment ,just so fed up with it all now ...
Sorry for my wee rant
Eileen

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Eileen,
    You are right you have enough to worry about without being pressurized by your boss.
    Not easy I know but concentrate on getting yourself right first and foremost. Two weeks must seem a long time when you are in so much pain. Hang on in there, give us the nod when everything is confirmed for the op date and we will be in your pocket and sending positive vibes your way.

I x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello I Being fed up is an art we learn everything seems to take forever not long now and it will all be over. Hope it all goes well for you.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Eileen

l do hope your work will leave you alone :( they are being pretty unfair really :(

l am so glad you have a date for the manipulation now and as ironic says....ready and waiting for pocket duties let us know what time eh?

Love

Toni xx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hiya, as said pocket duties will be a definate for me.
    Shall we come down n sort yr boss out too :lol:

All the best. (((()))) xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Hiya, as said pocket duties will be a definate for me.
    Shall we come down n sort yr boss out too :lol:

All the best. (((()))) xx

Yup l'm in Clare :wink:
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Hi Eileen, Wishing you all the best for your manipulation hope this sorts out your problem knee.Your work should not be putting you through this added pressure,unfortunately people do not understand it is not a quick fix and takes time to get better.xx