Another news update

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 11. Feb 2012, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a date for my THR 17th March. Within one week of being transfered to the Private Hospital I have seen the Consultant again got the date and arranged for anothe pre-op and blood test and x-ray. How good is that ??

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah, the joys of the private system, it dunnarf move fast! I am very pleased, that date will soon swing round and I hope it all goes well for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wendy,
    Oh that is good news having a proper date to work too. Just to think that you will be all sorted and recovering in time for the better weather. :D

Good luck a let us know how you go on.

I x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Thats good at least things are moving for you
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Wendy

great news!!

I am so pleased for you :D Great result.

Don't let us forget so we can be there for you :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aw Wendy I am soo pleased for you...could I come with you see if they will do two for one...you will be all done and dusted for summer... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So pleased for you .Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Wendy, Glad things are looking up for you and things are moving along. It proves if you can and have money you can go private and things are done at speed!
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Thought I had better clear up one little thing. I am having my THR done at the Private Hospital plus all before and after care. However this is paid for by the NHS they are trying to get the waiting times down. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to pay myself but !!! if I could I would just thought I would clear this up. ooohhh getting a bit nervous now !!!!! :)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Wendy
    Thats fantastic news.....of course you are bound to be getting nervous
    Thats normal.....never mind....just come and chat to us :D
    Dont forget to remind us so we can do pocket duty

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I knew what you meant wendgro, it's what happens when the NHS let's people wait for too long: the irony is that it could well be the same surgeon! (that has been known). I reckon the NHS is the only job where you can do the same job in two different settings: all my consultants do one or two days at the local Nuffield, which means they're not at the NHS coal face which means the lists get longer and longer. Daft, innit? I used to teach in the private system but I didn't do one or two days in the state (or vice versa, state teachers don't go private). I do feel that consultants should either be private or NHS, not a ghastly combination of both. Anyhoo, good luck my lovely! Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on/feeling nearer the time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben