My podiatry appointment

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 13. Feb 2012, 08:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I had my appointment today. Cutting a long story short here-I have moderate flat feet! After me saying I don't have flat feet :oops:

I have visible arthritis in my feet and big toes. The bone popping out of my foot is quite common and the pinging of my toes is where the fibro has damaged the muscles and tendons in my toes. The tendon that runs down the back of the ankle bone towards the heel has shifted to the front of my ankle bone. This now means my ankle bone and foot joint is 'squinty'! I'm now in constant pain when resting and standing. He's posting me out insoles that I need to wear from now on.

I'm a bit shocked by it all, probably because I usually get told there's nothing wrong.

Magenta x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sounds like he knows what he is talking about so with bit of luck they will help val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad you had a good appointment ,my inner soles and shoes are the best thing since sliced bread.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope the insoles help Magenta, did he take any measurements etc or is he just sending you a one-size-should-do-all? At least you know you have not been imagining things and that is always a comfort. Good luck and let us know how you get on with the new gear! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    A couple of years ago I asked my GP if I could get any help from Podiarty with my feet, I was having problems cutting my tails...in the passed I have had both TKR and spinal fusion which restricts my reach, plus more in recent in problem in right hand/neck/shoulders area.

I carried on going to Podiary on regular appointments, it was brilliant, until they kept talking about reassessing my needs for this particular service...every appointment it was mentioned, I got sick of hearing it, I took them up on this, they said everyone is now being reassessed and prioritised...people with diabetes etc take prioritiy, which I do understand, but, that didn't take my problem away...they said the authorities had been considering the cuts for the last 2 years, "just keep on coming and say nowt", it's the mentioning every time that gets on my nerves, the threat of another services being taken away and forcing people into services that's essential to their individual care. I don't know how much it would cost for private nail cutting service, but, it is an issue for me personally. Is anyone else having similar problems?

John x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Ohh dont like the sound of that.
    I have problem cutting my nails.....One THR another one due {the ortho thinks :roll: I think different :D }
    Have kypho scoliosis and arthur in my lower spine.
    I have a podiatry appt only once every 3 months but I would hate that to go. In between times I just file and hack at them the best I can myself

Love
    Hileena
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea how much roughly it cost to have tail nail cutting services...per visit? please. linking this to my above post. Thanks John x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    My podiatry {just for nail cutting} comes under the NHS
    Its only every 3 months approx but its better than nothing
    Love
    Hileena