Having a low

Options
Sharrym
Sharrym Member Posts: 14
edited 12. Feb 2012, 16:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi people I'm sort of new here by that I mean Iv not posted before! I'm have ra and have had this pleasure for 8 years now. I am 34. I am on enbrel and methotrexate.

Suffering quite a bit just now and worried
The drugs ain't doing what they used too been on enbrel for just over a year and it was great until quite recently wondering if anyone else has experience of this??

So worrying about my future I work 4 days as a nursery nurse and love my job and am lucky to
Have a supportive team but by god when I get home at night I'm
Fit for nothing goin to bed at 6.30 not sure how much longer I can keep this up but financially i don't have much choice. Feel like my life is bed work bed which ain't good

Sorry for the rant!

S x

Comments

• flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't worry about ranting. Everyone on here knows what you are going through.
    Here are a few hugs ((((())))). Hopefully things will improve.
    Flossy
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    U call thatranting :lol:

Havent got answers except have you spoken to your boss about a break during the day for power nap, it may help :roll:

Take care, all the best
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi winter is getting to lots of us i do hope spring comes soon hang in there if does not get better soon go back to gp or rhummy they might be able to give you a steroid injection to help you through val
    val
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hi Sharryn and welcome to the forum, good that you're posting too. :) Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Could you speak to your employers and tell them you're going through a rough patch and need an extra break or something? Do you have somewhere comfortable to sit down if you need to? Your employer has a responsibility to help make things workable for you but they won't know what you need unless you discuss it with them.
    It might be that an appointment with your GP could help as well, perhaps you need your pain meds looked at. I'd also find out from the hospital when your next appointment is and see if you can hurry that along to discuss your treatments.
    Hope things settle down for you, try to relax and rest as much as you can on your days off so you can feel some benifit.
    R.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Rant away,thats what we all do from time to time,we share the good and the bad times.sending good thoughts and hugs.(((()))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Sharryn, welcome to the grumpy gang. :) I know how you feel, as do many of us. The drugs can vary in how they work and in how long they work for, and it could be that a word with your rheumatology nurse is in order as summat might need adjusting. How are your bloods doing? Are they reflecting that perhaps things are not as controlled as they could be? Working full-time is tiring for the fit and healthy but for those of us under the repeated hammer blows of arthritis it is a darned sight harder. I too think a word with your boss/mananger may be in order, but go armed with some information about RA: people who don't have it think they know what it entails and believe you me, they don't. I wish you well and please keep in touch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi
    I was on enbrel for a couple of years (for RA) or so and it stopped working for me. My rhummy switched to humira a year and half ago but Iv'e had 2 bouts of pnumonia and pericarditis while on it, not sure if its related. Still on humira but today my shoulders are really hurting so can't move much.
    Iv'e also has RA for 8 years and its first time on here so HELLO to all.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    lulubell69 wrote:
    Hi
    I was on enbrel for a couple of years (for RA) or so and it stopped working for me. My rhummy switched to humira a year and half ago but Iv'e had 2 bouts of pnumonia and pericarditis while on it, not sure if its related. Still on humira but today my shoulders are really hurting so can't move much.
    Iv'e also has RA for 8 years and its first time on here so HELLO to all.

hello good to have you take care val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Sharryn

in your shoes l would be wanting to see my rheumatologist to look at whether your meds are working for you now :(

Maybe something can be done...he/she will want to help you keep at work if at all possible. It is horrible when you are living to work, not working to live.

Good luck...and LOVELY to have you on board :D

love

Toni xxx
  • Sharrym
    Sharrym Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you all so much for taking time to reply it helps as an sure you will all know just to k ow I'm not alone in this. Had a pretty sh.t day at work today with my extremely inefficient manager/head teacher who tells me Iv reached a trigger level with my absences she tells me this 5 mind before I go off on holiday for a week. I have been off once this year and had a Rheumy appointment which meant I needed 2 hours off last month do I don't know how this is but she tells me she will look at it and phone me during the holidays. Cause I need this worry on top of everything else. God am getting better at this ranting!! My blood results are all fine and seem to show things are stable so not sure why am feeling its not great think my body likes playing tricks. Iv been trying to get ot involved at work but been waiting on said inefficient boss to get her act together Anyway happy weekend all x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've had wonderful bloods since I began the humira/meth combo, but how I feel in myself does not reflect that. The PsA may be temporarily 'quashed' but the joint damage it's caused is on-going and it's that which is causing all my troubles, plus the PsA having a bite every now and again despite the best efforts of the meds. As for work, well, make sure you give your boss good quality info regarding RA etc: AC produce some wonderful leaflets, if you contact the Helpline next week I am sure they can send some out to you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Your boss certainly chooses her time does'nt she. :roll: Try not to worry about it and enjoy your holiday off. You have a very good case for cover under the disability act and she needs to back off a bit I think.
    Bloods don't always show a picture of how you're feeling. As DD says, sometimes the damage which is already done causes the pain and we all have good times and bad times. Hope you have some good times now that you're off.
    Keep well. Rita.
  • Dinkymurphy
    Dinkymurphy Member Posts: 2
    Options
    :cry: So sorry to hear that you are going through such an awful time. Trouble with R.A is that people do not understand that it is a systemic disease, unlike O.A, and affects a great deal more than joints. Hav e. you thought about seeing your G.P re: more effective pain relief? What does your Rheum have to say about the DMARDs? As for your boss - I think someone has suggested getting hrs some leaflets from Arth Care on R.A, pain and how employers can (and) should help!!! You have a very demanding job, with a disease that is very variable and your boss needs to make life easier for you - not cause more distress!!!
    Hang on in there.
  • lorraines
    lorraines Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time if having to put up with arthur and all it entails isn't enough can you not contact your hospital and get an appointment at the emergency clinic assuming there is one there .I also work full time but the days I work that's all I do I come home and rest I find it's the only way to get me through the working week, it's not giving in just admitting sometimes my limitations. because of arthur you are classed as disabled so your employers have to make allowances and you are entitled to time off for your hospital appointments though you may have to take them as holiday or unpaid (that's what my employer makes me do) there are leaflets availabe on your rights as an employee and the rights of your employer I got mine from a local disability group .Hope you feel better soon x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello S
    Sorry to hear your down
    I know how much worry it can be its so difficult to come to terms with things and the constant pain just wears you down. Try to strong and get yourself through this bad pach. Worry and stress will only make your condition worse so try and take it easy on yourself.
    Keep your chin up
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE