Tried my new ice grips this evening

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 12. Feb 2012, 19:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
Dunno if any of you have seen them but they're in a few shops now, got mine in asd@ and paid about four quid I think. Other places charge a lot more.
It's basically a rubber frame that stretches over your footwear, it has metal studs at the heel end and like a wired type coil around front end. Worked great on the icey path...

Just thought I would let you know about them. I think they're called snow tr@x or something along those lines..

If you're owt like me and rubbish on ya feet at the best of times I would recommend them.
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have to say that's the bit that frets at me. I like my stick ice grips as they can be easily flicked up when indoors and flicked down when tackling the icy slopes and paths. I find welles the best for grip in this kinda weather, and rather than the usual slow pace I opt for dead slow. If they work for you Tony mate then that is what matters - but get some grips for the sticks too, yes? I'll let you know where I got mine from and where else I've seen 'em. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Tony

well done you!! Glad you have found something which helps and thanks for letting us all know. How much though??

Ice prips for sticks too though....very sensible precaution :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Thank you tony for telling us about your grips. Glad they make you feel more a little more confident in this icy/snowy weather, but still be careful.

love juliepf x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I had some of these - got them last year ready for the bad weather.

The snow hit Kent this last weekend and out came my shoe grippers. Disaster! They didn't fit! Aaarrrggghhh said me (plus words I can't put on here!). I have size 8 feet and the catalogue said a medium would fit up to that. They don't. They lied :!: Fibbers! Let the writers of that catalogue swing by their necks from a gibbet :roll:

I'm now trying to sell them through a noticeboard we have on our intranet here at work so I can recoup some of the money I paid for them.

Now I've got to try and get some more but I'm gonna try them on first this time.

Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony
    I got mine a few years ago, and they are great...no way can you slip...unless yes there is one...you go shopping and forget to take them off...they are lethal on tiled floors...so be aware.. :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Oh yes.. On tiled floors etc.. A definate no.. Lol
    They must be taken off indoors, would shred the lino etc..
    You just pull them off though.
    I saw them advertised in one store at about twelve quid :shock:
    Ridiculous... I think asda are now doing them at five pound.

They probably sell them all over now though.

The stick grip things sound great DD, bless ya..

Hey, it's all thawed here for the time being, bitter cold in that wind though.

Take care folks..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Poof!. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Poof!. :lol:
    You'd better hide I'm that over sized shed of yours.. I'm in mi way down to chin ya :x
    :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    A UP NOW U 2 whats goin on with these clamp ons and all this chinin people why if i could could could, i'd, I'd. you leeds guys are to rough for me, Anyway i was in the loft, might be an attic where you guys are. I found my remote controle clamp ons from when i last climbed everest. Now these are the delux model. Full remote controle summer and winter use. Built in wheels, spikes, ice skate boots, central heating, and loft insulation.
    Colin
    der ya go now laa
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    A UP NOW U 2 whats goin on with these clamp ons and all this chinin people why if i could could could, i'd, I'd. you leeds guys are to rough for me, Anyway i was in the loft, might be an attic where you guys are. I found my remote controle clamp ons from when i last climbed everest. Now these are the delux model. Full remote controle summer and winter use. Built in wheels, spikes, ice skate boots, central heating, and loft insulation.
    Colin
    der ya go now laa
    I want a pair....do they do them in red.. :lol: Colin you could be onto something here... 8)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    oh bugger that's me done for then!, mind you Tony you'll have to fight your way through all the penguins and polar bears that are outside feeding of me bird table, -13 here last night, I guess it's global warming that's doing it?. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I eat polar bears and scousers for breakfast, lol..
    Don't worry Colin, yer not a bad un.. :lol:

As for you Mell.. Them bears won't help you now :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Options
    You wont catch me I just fitted twin rockets to my cramponsssssssssssssssssss bloody hell lads does that go fast or what, Just watching Dads Army its so funny
    Colin
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    This thread is soooooo beige!

like a mac?????????????
    val
  • Colin1
    Options
    Thats a dirty white isent it
  • mellman01
    Options
    Then somone should have a word with that nutter in charge in iran, Allah gave him Uranium ore and the numpty has only gone and made a bomb with it, as for them there bear Tony, these are ARD Southern bears and not those gay North pole ones you have up there mate, they've got Titanium teeth and Tungsten claws and are ther size ofBarry White.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    This thread is soooooo beige!

like a mac?????????????
    Pink?

came to mind lol great to see you post ((()))
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    The beigeness of the post attracted me...the force is strong :D
    I don't care what colour the thread is.. Good to see ya back mi old mucka.. :D

Hey.. Mell.. I'll have you know them southern bears are as soft as a pixie's fart. Don't make me laugh, haha.. Too late :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP