Another fall...stupid ice!!

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 10. Feb 2012, 14:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I just thought I`d let you know about my eventful day yesterday. I slipped on some black ice yesterday on the work carpark, and injured my hip, knee and back. I was terrified that I had dislocated my THR again. I was taken to A&E by ambulance, and after lots of xrays, IV morphine, entonox, I was told that it had moved but not dislocated. I had sprained my hip and my back. Cut and bruised my knee and am back on crutches.
I am home now, sore and fed up!!
Stupid ice!!
I am feeling really down about things. I feel like its always one step forward , two steps back. Sorry to moan.
NB

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is awful. What an awful worry.

I can only offer a very gentle hug and hope you get better soon,

(((( ))))) Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • smol
    smol Member Posts: 43
    Options
    AW you poor thing. I daren't leave the house at the mo I'm unsteady eddie as it is
    Sarah

‎"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."- Edward Everett Hale
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear NB, how unfortunate but at least you are OK and not permanently damaged. It is a risk we all run in this type of weather - I had to go and collect my meth on Wednesday from the hospital and orthopaedics and fracture clinics were in overdrive (which has no doubt come as severe shock to the management :roll: ) Hopefully your employers will now invest in some salt and make sure it's sprayed here there and everywhere so that no-one else comes a cropper. Rest up, keep ahead of the pain and I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Nearly

l am so sorry, but am glad it wasn't worse for you :(

I hope that you are resting at home now and not back at work??? :shock:

Take care and here's to a swift recovery.

LOve

Toni xx
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks everyone for your replies, and yes Toni I am at home and not back at work. Too dangerous on the crutches and I am too sore today anyway.
    I am waiting for my manager to ring to discuss what happened as she was not in our office yesterday. And to talk about how long I will possibly be off etc.. I hope the landlord of the offices we rent has been out with the grit, as although i work for the NHS it is not a specific NHS building we are based from. My job is all community based so I could end up anywhere during my daily duties, clinics, homes, health centres etc.. so its difficult to know if it will be gritted etc..
    I am keeping warm indoors, Mr NB has made me a flask of coffe and will be home early from work. My friend is calling in later too.
    Take care all and keep warm xx
    NB
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    ouch NB that did sound painful. I am sorry that you had a horrible fall and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. I am pleased to read that your thr was ok and that you escaped with bruises and sprains rather than broken bones, you were very lucky.
    I hope you are able to rest for a while and that you start to feel in less pain soon.
    Take care and keep warm
    (((((((((()))))))))))) juliepf x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and hope you're feeling a little better soon.

Please stay in until the ice has gone.

Take care,
    Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Oh dear how awful. So glad you didn't break anything.
    Take care and hope it's less sore soon.
    Anita x
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Hugs NB.

I fell on the ice early December and also ended up in hospital as a result. I am petrified of the ice which my Father thinks is ridiculous <rolls eyes>

All of us on here need to be mega careful as we are much higher risk.

xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Nearlyb.
    i'm sorry to read about your fall. i hope you will soon feel
    better.
    take care ((((((((nearlyb))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh NB I am so sorry to hear this, honestly it just not fair....it must have been so blinking painful...to say the least...I really do hope that that hip is ok, and you make a full recovery.
    You must take things easy for a while, you will get there.
    The black ice was horrendous, I was scared of falling... you just couldn't see where it was slippy...
    Sending you loads of very gentle and warming hugs (((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Thank you all, you are very kind xx
    I know what you mean/feel Pinkbritishstar, it has knocked my confidence about going out again.
    My manager rang earlier, and was very concerned. She is completing an accident form on my behalf, and said to make sure I am better and forget about work. This made me cry!! I am such an emotional mess!! I do worry about work , and about letting my patients down.
    Any way, I am resting with the fire on , a blanket and plenty of pain dullers. (not really dulling it yet though).
    Mr NB and the kids will be home soon :)
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh NB what a shock........I know if I have a fall the first thing i think of is my THR.....glad it wasnt worse......but sounds really bad if you know what I mean :shock:
    You take care and keep warm and let Mr NB look after you
    Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi NB, sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds painful and worrying. I hope you recover quickly.
    xx