Only taken 20yrs!!!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 13. Feb 2012, 05:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

As some of you will know, I've been having more and more problems with pain and inflammation. Everywhere hurts and recently, over the past few months these have increased drammatically. I was discharged in January from my latest rhuemy-told to go away as it must be all down to your fibro.

I went back to my GP last week in tears saying that I'd had enough. My tummy was bothering me so I've to get a gastroscopy done next week. Then I mentioned the pain etc..He ordered more bloods, again with RF on the request form. I nearly told him not to bother with the test.

I seen him today and after 20yrs in the waiting, I finally have a POSITIVE RF result!!!

About 3 months ago, my RF was under the normal range-apparently that's 13. My result today was 21.2. Although GP said that doesn't mean I've got RA, he agrees with me that it's only going to help in me getting both recognition and treatment for my arthritis. I'm both shocked and happy. At last!!!

Magenta x

Comments

• SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aww Magenta

Sorry your in so much pain. How can your Rhuemy tell you to go away I think thats disgusting and especially trying to blame your pain on something else. I am pleased for you that your Dr is following up your bloods and it has eventually shown something. I do so hope that you now get the care and respect from your Rheumy that you so deserve.

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hi Magenta
    HOpefully this will start getting you the treatment you need. I cant believe its taken 20 yrs before you got a positive result I suppose that makes me feel a bit better that someday mine might show too although Im being treated for RA anyway and Fibro.

good luck with getting heard from now on

Theresa xx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Well thank goodness that you are finally getting somewhere. It is absolutely ridiculous that it has taken so long to get a positive response to your condition.
    You have been suffering so much and I am pleased that finally there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Eileen

l know normally l wouldn't be smiling about this BUT you have struggled so long with all this malarkey with no help and finally you have something to back you up!

So l am relieved for you :D

Love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Happy for you,seems a bit strange to be happy you have a positive result,lets hope you can be helped at last.(((()))) Mig
  • Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi
    I had the same problem that you are talking about, I was finally diagnosed with sero negative RA as my bloods don't show the inflammation. My joints are agony and have what looks like fluid in my hands around the knuckle joints. You will hopefully start to feel normal when you get the right meds, and well done for keeping on at your GP. When I said eventually I had had enough and wanted a second opinion he said that they would laugh at him for sending me to Rheumy!!!!! I said that I was willing to take that chance as I have a family, job and home to look after! Now, nine years later I am getting the treatment I deserve and colleagues and family no longer think I am just moaning for nothing.
    Arlene
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Thats great news magenta! Hopefully you will get put on the proper meds now and will feel a lot better!!

Arlene, i had the exact same problem as you!!! I started getting problems when i was 29/30 and everytime i went to the docs i just felt fobbed off and that they didn't really take my pain etc seriously. It wasn't until i cried my eyes out in the docs because my hip was getting so painful that they took me seriously!! Since then i have been though the NSAID route and loads of tummy upset, as i wasn't showing up as having the Rheumatoid Factor and im still not!! But now they say i am seronegative and i am at least on the more serious medication. Im on Methotrexate and Hydroxycloroquine and the Rhemmy said yesterday to up the metho to 15mg for 2 weeks and then to 20mg from then onwards. So im looking forward to the nausea!! She also talked about me going onto
    Humira!

Anyway, i will see how the medication works over the next few months, but if im not getting a major improvement im going to ask for a THR as that is my worse joint at the moment!!

Its so lovely to have all the people on this site to talk to! :D
    LOVE EMMA X
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

Don't if I'll hear anything from rheumy as I've not been properly referred. I've to get xrays done on my feet so when I get the results I'll chase up the rheumy letter.

Thanks,

Magenta x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so happy for you magenta, hopefully now you can get the treatment you require to ease the pain in your wrists and start to rebuild your life that you had to put on hold because of the pain in your wrists getting in the way.