injection in my spine

Options
YORKYSUE
YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
edited 13. Feb 2012, 05:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, i come on here most days to read what people are up to but have not posted anything ,i have been off work since november can hardly move for pain in my back dr took me off pregabelin an put me on butrans got app at pain clinic she was really nice an said i should have injections in my spine see if that will help the pain ,my app came today for march has anybody had it done did it work.Work referred me to o h an she said there is no way i can go to work till after i have injections an then with shorter hours an a rest at lunch i do 5 lunch duties a week im a t a in a special school thought this would stop my manager moaning at me ,i tell her when my sick notes are coming why i cant come in an have said as soon as i have had the treatment i will be back i told her this the other day the next day i got a letter saying i had a meeting with her an personnel about my time off my doctor also always puts on my notes whats going on she wants to get rid of me an im scared she will so sorry to have babbled on keep warm an safe x

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi yorkysue

I have no advice on spinal injections ,I just wanted to say that I hope it helps relieve your pain.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Yorkysue

Good to see you posting.

Hnag on in there! I'm afraid l went straight from 20 years+ of agony to surgery with my back (didn't moan enough!), so never had a spinal steroid jab.

However...l have had others done since then and my ex MIl had them several times. They can work fabulously :) She swears by them. She gets many months of releif with them so definitely worth a try.

What l will say though is you are supposed to rest after you have had one....by 'rest' l mean a couple of DAYS. feet up and moving only for the loo :? This keeps the steroid where it should be and maximises the benefit.

Let us know when it is and we can hop in your pocket. :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I have had the spine injections, a couple of years ago, they are done in theatre under xray...its a day thing...I had three of them at the same time...they didnt work for me..but some of the others that where having them done had great results, I could tell the way they walk in then skipped out.
    The pain clinic has offered my some more, and said for some reason they seam to work better the second time, and then you can have them every few months.
    I do wish you well with them x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sue

I have had injections via xray direction and the ones in my lower back worked really well and got rid of my sciatica after a year of pain. I had the injections on 3 December 2009 and so far so good. :D The doctor had difficulty in injecting inbetween one of the discs as there was not enough space so pumped in some steroids for good measure. I asked him my chances immediately afterwards and he said 50/50 so I was not expecting it to be that great so have been very happily surprised at the success.

I also had similar injections for shoulder pain and that lasted 4 years. I am hoping for another shot in the near future. :wink:

Go for it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • YORKYSUE
    YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, my daughter is coming home to take me to and from the hospital and to make sure i dont do anything .Its on march 12 at 2 so any positive vibes would be most welcome,take care yorkysue x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I will send you my my very best positive vibes...and will have everything crossed for you...hope it works well xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Dont know anything about it but i hope it helps and your feeling better soon
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    12th March Sue?

No problem :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • smol
    smol Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi Guys
    I'm due my 3rd set of steroid and local anaesthetic injections next tues. After struggling for years with severe lower back pain (Sacroiliac joint) The pain clinic thought it was worth a try and it's been brilliant! I'm even able to come off the tramadol for a time. This time I'm due a nerve block in my neck too. All I can say is it's the only thing I've ever tried that has actually helped with the pain. I know not everyone is the same and it doesn't always work, but I have been pleasantly surprised I'm now hoping that the neck one will be as effective as the back ones
    Sarah

‎"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."- Edward Everett Hale