Mental health and well being conference

Options
jez
jez Member Posts: 27
edited 2. Mar 2012, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks,
I have posted replies before but this is a first.
I have never mentioned that i have a lot to do with a support group in leicester for mental health service users, Anyway i have been asked to speak at a conference where many government departments will have representatives inc lord mayor, county councillors, health service (pct) managers, etc,etc will be in attendance.
Over to you give me some ammunition
1) keep it short
2) initials ie:- ej only
3)health service and DWP tales especially welcome
I want to read some out loud and present the rest in front of the audience to the highest ranking official there because i am real p****d off with the lot of them,
I forget to mention who i am when dealing with nhs and dwp so i can record their appalling attitude
Thank you in advance

Comments

• elianne42
    elianne42 Member Posts: 15
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi jez, what kind of thing are you looking for? people with mental health + arthritis probs or anything that affects our wellbeing? how short/long? how specific?-how it has effected life in general? or the more specific-cannot get out etc.
    am interested but would like more info please
    thanks
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I'd be interested in your replies to the above questions and also in doing anything I can to help. :)
  • jez
    jez Member Posts: 27
    Options
    This last monday (27th) saw an unprecedented thing happen in leicestershire, The health service wanted all the voluntary and support groups to almost rubber stamp their equalities document which covers the treatment of :- disabled, minorities, gender, etc as being fit for purpose,
    There was a mass mutiny and almost every groups chairperson/ representative either said they would vote not developed or abstain the two worst possible outcomes, It was made totally clear that the health service and DWP are failing the community especially when it comes to limited mobility and /or mental health. the issue I believe has been refered back to the government. I have written to the head idiot to say if they do not work with us I will resign from their process which will leave the whole mess to fall apart.

If you like to add anything info on how having disabilities + the money worries + the attitude of life and outsiders who you have to deal with.
    ever felt you can't go on because of... health worries.. money worries.. etc

I have declared war on cameron and decided to show how difficult it is to live with severely limiting problems health wise such as OA/ RA/ mental health etc.

Just to say I don't get mad I get even and cutting my ESA totally has sparked my fire which will turn into an inferno for cameron.
    Jess
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Jez, I'm more than happy to do it. I've been fortunate in that I haven't had to battle hard to get approved for DLA but if I can offer anything else, do let me know.