DD are you still using the light box

Options
theresa4
theresa4 Member Posts: 696
edited 12. Feb 2012, 03:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI DD
Just wondering are you still using the light box and has it helped at all?

Theresa xx
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    not sure about dd but i am and it helped loads do not use it every day now did for the first week but just use it when been stuck in house when it dark and miserable feel much happier less likely to burst into tears more able to think straight val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    No Theresa, I'm not as I am still on the anti-deps to help me cope with the pain. I bought it as I planned to stop the pills and I wanted to help myself stay 'up' but as my rheumatologist suggested stopping the pills was not a wise plan the light has stayed in its box. Once I find the wherewithall to drop the pills then I will be using it, but quite honestly I'm not in that place yet: the lack of steroids is a factor in this!

Hey valval, I'm glad to hear it's helping you, that is indeed a good thing.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    I'm on anti-depressants and for November, December and January on 10mg more than usual because of dark days and I also use my light box every day from end of October to end of March, for varying lenghts of time ech day, depending on how bright it is and whether I will be going out. It's usually 20 minutes on a good day but can be 30-35 on a bad day. I find it really helps, I don't think I would get through the long dark days of winter without it. Much better now the days are starting to be lighter earlier and staying light later and I've dropped back to usual dose of anti-d's. My GP and I came up with this as being the best solution for me, I don't know if this is relevent, but I haven't had as many colds/chest infections this winter.

Sue x