Disgruntled DDs

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Feb 2012, 18:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Earlier this week Mr DD checked the weather forecast for today and decided to book two tickets for the footy at the total cost of £70. Ipswich v Middlesborough which, obviously, had much potential for a classic encounter. The weather has been cold all week, the pitch was checked at 11am, again at 2 and the match was given the go-ahead. It was called off after 30 minutes to mild vocal disapproval from the crowd. As a way of saying 'sorry' ITFC have announced that, given the difficult circumstances, those who are able to go to the rematch will be given a discount on the tickets they will have to buy. As this will be on a week-day evening he won't be able to go, so £70 has gone down the drain. Hence a disgruntled Mr DD.

So, we settle down for the rugby, France v England in Paris, 8pm kick-off. Now, Paris has hardly been a tropical paradise over the past week or so, but they inspect the pitch, repeatedly, and a few moments before the first kick they call it off. Given that the temperature at 7.30pm was minus 10 it's hardly going to get warmer now, is it? :roll: WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR BRAINS TO REALISE THIS WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN? I am now a disgruntled Mrs DD.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    D.D.
    I heard about the Ipswich game, and it sounds a bit of a farce what went on. Surely seeing as Middlesbroro fans were traveling 300 miles, the game should have been called on or off hours before it was.
    Sounds like the Ref was a bit of a burk to me, and from what I heard on the radio, Ipswich players wanted to play, but the Middlesboro manager and backroom staff just didn't want to play. ( exhaustion from an F.A.Cup tie 3 days ago ).
    No wonder your feeling brassed off. Alanthemanc
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Yes DD i watched the news what a let down no wonder you feel disgruntled, Please pass on my Regrets to Mr DD regarding the loss of £70
    I used to live down your neck of the woods when i was a young man.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Mm. I'd have been pretty brassed off to if I'd been Mr DD. I presume conditions had changed not one iota half an hour into the match. Poor admin.

As for France v England - well, I can tell you that England beat Italy as we watched the text. The evening match which was called off was France v Ireland. No idea whether or not it'd have been a better match to watch but I always enjoy a bit of gallic flair, not to mention legs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaagh! Bless you Stickystockytickytucky, you are absolutely right, of course it was France/Ireland: my error was due to that magical and wondrous combo of pain and tiredness. I've had a shift week, nay, a shift month, nay a shift everything and currently am not coping that well. Mind you, I will shortly be 53 (woo-hoo!) and will celebrate that birthday in the King's Arms, Blakeney, so oddly enough life can't get much better. Some things in life don't change, and the KA in B is one of those wondrous things. DD

PS Knowing how I am at the mo it's probably the King's Head!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    King's Arms: King's Head? Are you aiming for the physical or the cerebral? Your birthday. Your choice. Enjoy.
    SSTT
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh gawd, Del, don't you start. I get enough of that sort of comment from HWSBI (he-who-should-be-ignored) as he works with the NFNers. We go to Blakeney on a regular basis as we love it there - and one of its best bits is that mobile phone signals are very patchy! :D We are both in a better temper today as some rugby will be found this afternoon (thanks to the clever Welsh who have a roof).

Regarding the footy Mr DD did comment that he felt sorry for the Middlesborough fans as that journey was not a light undertaking. He had had to fork out that amount of money as the Tractor Boys have been having a bit of a good spell so all the cheaper tickets were all gone. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi DD
    i hope it all ends up good for you both you could now do with some good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Deep breaths DD think nice thoughts, anyway there French so what do you expect from the horse eating garlic crunchers, remember they invented a false tin pot currency called a Euro then moan about us having a better credit rating when theirs was down rated because the wheels came off the Euro ( God it sounds like I'm clearing my throat when I say it) as anyone with half a brain knew was inevitable, they don’t do common sense but they do stitching up really well, after all, you and all the other poor old England supporters were stiffed but they still got all your cash as you all went.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    You would have been better off saving that cash, don't see the joy in standing in the freezing child watching some blokes kick a ball around.. Tis all pants mi dear.
    Seventy quid would have got you a lovely romantic meal for two somewhere..
    Lol
    Or the start of a decent tattoo? :? :D
    God I'm a miserable **** today.. Lol

Sorry that you were both let down hun..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The other footy ticket wasn't for me, Tony, it was for one of his many female admirers (she is retired now and can't afford it so he stumps up, bless!) so they both adjourned to The Plough and had a grizzle, at least they could moan to each other. As for going to a match, well there is nowt quite like being in a baying crowd of people who routinely insult complete strangers with all kinds of malicious allegations about their parentage, personal habits and appearance. (It's not my cup of tea either, I much prefer a drunken rugby crowd, they are much nicer company!) DD
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    DD- have i read this right? they cancel match and cos you cant go to re scheuled match you dont get a refund? - that cant be right???