Wellington boots

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 13. Feb 2012, 09:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just an observation on one of life’s little conundrum’s, now why is it if you go out in boots or sturdy shoes on mud you get reasonably good grip but if you put any type of wellington boots on and then do the same it’s like your walking on flippin ice?.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you must have wrong boots?. mine great mind you they got little hearts on :D got some great fur lined boots that are even better :D but still avoid going out when it cold the pain it causes just not worth it val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Aren't most cheap wellies made of plastic? That could explain the poor grip (or the tread on them isn't up to scratch perhaps). I loved my navy Hunters but, alas, they are no longer wearable thanks to the grotty joints. My Tescos pink flowery ones have been doing OK (not that I've been going that far) and Mr DD's deeply, deeply unfashionable black rubber wellies are brill. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Mell

Val says get some with little hearts on :wink:

l think they would suit you rather well :lol:

Love

Toni xxx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Sound to me like you need some clamp ons on your welly boots
    or invest in a good pair. Dont go for the one with little hearts on.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I would have lost all credibility if I'd arrived on farms wearing flowery boots or those with hearts on........... :oops: :oops:
    It was my trusty black Dunlop's (washed of course,farmers didn't like you arriving with dirty boots,disease risk!)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The more expensive wellies have (natural) rubber in them, probably explains why they grip better but don't last forever?
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    I was directed to some H*nters being sold off by a well known outdoor store about 6 years ago just before they became trendy. They cost me £9.99.

They are like wearing slippers (comfort wise) and the grip on ice is very good, they are totally waterproof good for cold days on the beach getting through those little channels of water.

I have since been given some more as a gift, but would gladly pay the asking price for them in future well worth the investment.
    Ruby