I'm so sad to hear this news, a truly talented lady with a wonderful voice. X
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 12. Feb 2012, 10:04
    Options
    She's not the first to do that and won't be the last. I too don't rank her that highly in terms of talent but by heck she could belt out a tune. Those with an inherent talent often fritter it, or their life. I wonder why? Insecurity? Or does it prove that, although you appear to have everything you are still not satisfied by life? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So, so sad. Whether addition is a disease or a choice of lifestyle, her time ran out before her money.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    If I were a US celeb/singer with a surname of a City in the states I’d be c******g myself as trouble normally comes in 3’s and so far it’s been Jackson and now Houston. I also see the Mail is saying it was death by drowning and that prescription drugs might well be involved, I know the Mail is a bit of a scandal rag but if their right it again highlights the serious issue of private doctors effectively becoming drug dealers to the stars in the US these days.
    Typical of thre US, money can buy you anything if you've got enough cash.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Yes so sad for me she did have a nice voice. Its sad that a young life is lost like this whatever the circumstances. I know she took drugs i suppose for some its a bit like trying to stop smoking some people can some people cant some people want to others are to weak. but 48 well i hope shes in a better place and in peace.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sad? Of course.. However, and just my opinion..
    Another dead junkie.. Harsh I know, but I speak the truth. Same with Jackson and whinhouse.
    All drug addled folks with too much money and not enough sense.. I know, drugs didn't directly kill them all but im sure without them, they'd all be alive now.
    I'm probably gonna be hated for saying that.. :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    You know I don't hate you, Tony, but I do disagree with you on this one.

We all carry within us the seeds of our own destruction and, given the 'right' - or should that be 'wrong' - circumstances, I suspect we would all destroy ourselves either by illegal drugs, prescriptions meds, alcohol, tobacco, over-eating etc etc.

Money and fame bring their own problems in their wake and fame itself often attracts those with personalities least capable of dealing with it.

It isn't my own innate will-power, strength of mind, worthiness - call it what you will - that keeps me from addiction to the drug of my choice, it's many varieties of good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Bless ya sticky. Lol
    I think my tolerance has lowered of late.. I'm a grumpy git. :roll:
    Hope I haven't offended anyone.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Sad.

Yep....sad for her daughter family and friends.

For me? She was part of the era in which l grew up so seems a bit extra sad.

Logged on to itunes earlier and all her hits are in the top 100....no the top 10.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    The range of notes she had were incredible....and the amount of people that have tried to copy here and not quite got there...the only one that came near in my opinion was Leona lewis..on X factor.
    So yeah Whitney will be missed, and has for the drugs...but for the grace of god they say...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I was one of the lucky ones who got to see her live in concert in her prime before she got involved in drink & drugs. And she was totally amazing, to hear she had died was sad.
    Another person who had cleaned herself of drink & drugs and was making a come back like Amy Winehouse. So sad for her daughter and her family. R.I.P Whitney
  • mellman01
    Options
    I'll give her one thing she didn't hide her problems and had the guts to admit it on TV in interviews unlike Michael Jackson who hid it, it's just sad it got the better off her, she had an incredible voice and wont ever be forgotten, here music will her legacy.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    My Mum and Toni saw her in las vegas at a stevie wonder tribute concert.. All free as part of a prize I won back in 2003 I think..
    Get idiot husband was on stage with her, Toni said he ruined the act, not surprising eh? Ruined her life too.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LesleyAnn
    LesleyAnn Member Posts: 8
    Options
    While it's sad I think I'm becoming a bit desensitized to celebrities dying esp. when drugs/alcohol is involved.

It seems a shame that they literally blew it so to speak. I feel sorry for her family, especially in cases where children are concerned, but it's becoming a way of life at the moment.

I tend to be a bit blah about it, especially if a report comes of another celebrity dies due to drugs ... and so forth, it's a waste and get's me a bit angry that they threw their life away esp. if they were young and otherwise healthy.

Like I said desensitized.
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Whitney was one of my all time favorite female singers. Has always smeemed to me that all the greats had a flaw of some sort. Seems like they focus so much on whatever great talant they have they neglect other aspects of their lives. Musicans, Painters, singers the lucky ones who have escaped usually have someone strong behind them, the weakest secumb.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I saw her in concert with a friend once and though i was not a real fan i was blown away by her voice. Sad end to her life.
    Joanne
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yeah Bobby Brown is the idiot who set her down the road to her own death, he should be shunned from all publicity.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    She was an adult though Mell, responsible for her own actions :?
    He is an idiot though eh? :o
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP