co cods

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 14. Feb 2012, 13:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
well rhummy said take them so did for 4 days then stopped again as could not stand the dreams 2 days later going to have to take them again as in so much pain might try bath first just incase that will help but not sure it will sad and fedup

but will bounce back fed up with this cold it not helping not sure if it because not walking as much or because cold causeing me to tence up any tips val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah yes, the weird dreams. They have recently started for me, well, about six months ago: I find the worst ones are those that occur in the early morning should I have to take the dullers between 4 and 5 am. It's our old friend the trade-off again, isn't it? Is the relief (such as it is) worth the side-effects? It's all such a bother. What strength are they valval? I have the 30/500s. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    only 8/500 and do not like them they mess with my head so try to stick to paracetomal but might have to re think that if things do not change soon but with so many meds hate adding anything else val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think it's the codeine part of the cocos which can cause the trouble: yes, they give the paracetamol extra clout but they can also cause a deal of trouble in so doing. I am so sorry Val, what a nuisance, but maybe taking one instead of two may be an answer? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi Val.
    i take 30/100 i take 6 a day i take diclofenic and oramorph
    3 times a day as well.
    i have not had any bad dreams yet i've been on them over a year.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    I'm on 8/500s and the vivid dreams started not long after I went on them full time. Tried to wean myself off them a week or so back as I hadn't had too much pain for a while, and I was occasionally trying to kick my dream assailants ... lol ... which frightened me. But the weaning lasted less than a day ... lol!

I think I'll just have to put up with the blasted dreams, as I don't like being constantly sore ... lol!

Take care
    Scozzie
  • valval
    Options
    scozzie wrote:
    I'm on 8/500s and the vivid dreams started not long after I went on them full time. Tried to wean myself off them a week or so back as I hadn't had too much pain for a while, and I was occasionally trying to kick my dream assailants ... lol ... which frightened me. But the weaning lasted less than a day ... lol!

I think I'll just have to put up with the blasted dreams, as I don't like being constantly sore ... lol!

Take care
    Scozzie

when i come off them have to every so often as get bunged up :oops: go on paracetomal for couple of days or the headaches start
    val
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    As I also have IBS so any "bunging" up that occurred wasn't a great problem, I was still regular as clockwork ... but in the past three weeks things have changed, so much so that ... well, let's just say, the clock isn't working so well now ... lol!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    valval wrote:
    scozzie wrote:
    I'm on 8/500s and the vivid dreams started not

when i come off them have to every so often as get bunged up :oops: go on paracetomal for couple of days or the headaches start

Prune juice Val!! a small glass a day does it for me :wink:

No vivid dreams though :? maybe l lack imagination?? :lol:

Serioulsy if it persists you may need to see the doc for a change of painkiller :(

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I do have dreams on them, but they are good dreams so I don't care...if I am having a goodish day...I break them in half..
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    thanks for replys so good hints that should help i just have to get my head around taking them feel like have done marathon when wake after taking them steve must be black and blue bless him val
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    oh the dreams, well, nightmares, no matter if it my day time nap, or night time. Have taken 30/500 8 a day, for nearly 9 years :shock: They only work to a point, after all that time I am so used to them, they do little. I do know if I am late taking them though. The dreams I have are horrid and freak me out. A pleasant dream of fields and flowers or sandy beaches would be lovely.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Is it true that they are addictive and traces of the drug never leave your body, I think that read somewhere, but I could be wrong.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Emily wrote:
    Is it true that they are addictive and traces of the drug never leave your body, I think that read somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Hi Emily
    I think the real problems arise when people take more than the recommended daily dose, such as 12 - 15 instead of the max of 8 a day. If you keep to the prescribed dose, then I would call it becoming tolerant to the medicine, ie, over a long period of time, the effect is more limited, due to your body becoming use to the dosage.
    Keeping within the max of 8 a day is a must, paracetamol, which is the main content of the co co's is dangerous if going over the 8 per day. People are often unaware of this and take paracetamols, then cold remedies etc, not knowing that they are doubling up all the time.
    If anyone wanted to cut down on the co co's then it should be a gradual decrease in the dosage, not an immediate stop.
    I have not heard of codeine remaining in your system ad infinitum. xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • valval
    Options
    glad it not just me took them earlyer in evening last night and do not remember dream lol feeling more normal today but might have over done it at work today decided to clean kick plates on shelves getting up and down off floor not best idea silly me val
    val