Hello

Options
ficox69
ficox69 Member Posts: 4
edited 14. Feb 2012, 02:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am 43 and I have had Psoriatic arthritis for 3 years which flares throughout my body randomly on occasions and cope quite well with it. I am on Sulpha and manage with Co codamol and Diclo when the pain is very bad. I have had worsening neck pain with arm weakness and headaches resulting in sickness over the last 3 years which my Rheumy has told me is not PA. An xray result was given by my GP today telling me its ok, its only OA and I have to get on with it and deal with it. To be fair, I am a little hacked off by this. By my reckoning OA should not be brushed off like that and getting on with it is not an option sometimes. Also, research seems to indicate there could be a disk issue considering I have pain in my arm. Has anyone had any experiences like this? Is there any avenues I can pursue and any advice anyone can give. It feels like I got my head around my psoriasis and my PA and now have been kicked in the neck so to speak! I try not to be negative, I am aware that many sufferers as in far worse situations than i but I am pretty down.

Many thanks

Fiona

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fiona,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I have OA so dont know much about PA.....others on here do so no doubt they will be along shortly to help out.
    As for ONLY OA.....there is a thread for that.....someone started not long ago
    Hope you get the info you need,.......you'll get plenty of support

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it does not matter which type of arther it is it hurts and is causing you problems the trouble is oa is normally treated by gp with pain meds till things get bed enough for surgeon to get involved good luck val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Fiona, welcome from me too... Can't help with that specific problem but I've had OA for many years now and you're right, it's not something someone should be told to deal with. You should ask for a referral to the orthopaedics hun.. Maybe they can help. If not, the pain clinic?

Wish you the best of luck, keep posting, it helps with the sanity, lol..

Best of luck.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • ficox69
    ficox69 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for your replies its really helped. I am going back for a second opinion and will ask to be referred. I wonder with all this arm pain if there is a disc issue. Pain clinic is something I have not had offered either and will pursue. Thanks!!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Again
    Sometimes the pain clinic is something you have to fight for {depending where you live} It was never suggested to me but I asked my gP {because of this forum} but she isnt happy with it and I'm still fighting for an appointment.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Hileena