Having a bad day

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 18. Feb 2012, 18:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Today was my follow-up appointment at the jaw clinic to discuss 'what next' with regards the OA in my jaw. The last arthrocentesis never worked and now they're talking either to control my pain with help from the pain clinic or jaw replacement. I've been waiting 3yrs to get an appt, with pain team. I've to get another CT scan on Monday to see how bad my jaw has deteriorated since my last scan.

I'm going to hospital tomorrow for xrays on my feet as arthritis is suspected then to top it all off, going into hospital on Thursday for a gastroscopy to find out if I've got an ulcer. All this as well as my arthritis flaring up everywhere.

Don't know if I can take anymore,

Magenta x

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Magenta,
    My heart goes out to you, you've such a lot to cope with :|
    I'll be in your pocket for all of your appointments and I'll be thinking positive thoughts that all will go well for you. :D
    Chin up hun, you're never alone on this forum, we are all here for you.
    Sending you big comforting hugs (((((()))))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello M
    gosh your having a bad time of it i feel really sorry for you as its a lot to cope with. Its bad enough coping with one thing let alone all the stuff you have going on. I dont know if you remember but you where very suportive to me some years ago along with the other old timers.
    I know how it feels in the Jaw i have RA in my jaw and throat its a real bad thing to cope with at times and there are days when i can just have soup. So they think the Arther has spread to your feet i wish i had the magic wand for you love. All i can do is send you my best, just hang in there and take Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Colin and Poppygirl,

Thanks for your replies,

Just feeling a bit down about it all, feel like it's just one thing after another these days.

Colin, you've always been there for me,it's much appreciated x

Magenta xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    magenta not suprised you feeling down girl it a lot to cope with so sending a big((())) to help you through this trying time and sending positive thoughts your way to see you through good luck and allow your self the odd down time it is normal and will give you time to gather your strenth to face what comes your way no one can be strong all the time more ((())) val
    val
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Magenta, This disease sticks good and proper and you are completly entitled to feel more than a little down.
    Maddie and myself will be in your pocket for today (so if you feel something warm and furry in your pocket it will be Maddie.... well at least i hope it will)
    I really hope they can do something to help manage the pain for you

Love Tracey
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Magenta
    What a lot you have going on.
    I'll be in your pocket for all appointments {except the Thurs one ....sorry}
    You take care and let us know what is said

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Will be with you all the way.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • magenta
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for your messages.
    I'm beginning to realise that I can't do this all on my own, I need help and whether that's from the pain clinic or from a rheumy-I don't know. There's a limit to how much we can take, isn't there?

You've all been so kind, wishing me well. I know you've all got your own pains and worries, so it's really appreciated that you've taken the time to reply and make me feel better.

I'll get through it, I usually have a wee blip then pick myself up again.

Thanks again to you all,

Magenta xxxxxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Hun, I'm really sorry that you are suffering this way.. It's horrid I know, but we are all here for you....
    I hope that is some comfort.. I've got my pain clinic appointment later this month... No idea what they will do. Last time I saw them was a year ago, they did the facet joint and knee injections, neithere worked..

Can't give up though.....

You have plenty of friends on here to help through the crappy times..

Best wishes

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Everyone is so supportive on here and it does help me-I know I'm not alone in this, although it feels like that sometimes. I hope you get some proper help at your pain clinic appointment-hope it eases the flare you're in at the moment. I'm sorry I haven't posted on your thread, it's hard when my wrists are playing up. I hope you know I'm thinking of you though,

Take care,

Magenta x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Don't apologise Hun, I know that we are all here to help each other..

Hope you get some decent rest. My wrists are playing up too, using this ip@d of my daughter's helps a lot as its a lot easier on the hands than the pc and easier on the eyes than using the mobile which is what I usually use.

Gonna have one last look around then try to sleep.

Be well :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Peacefulwarrior
    Peacefulwarrior Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Magenta,

I'm a new kid on the block, I'm sending you positive thoughts as I don't know how to get into your pocket....

XXX
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Peacefulwarrior,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the positive thoughts. I have big pockets, you just jump in :wink:

Magenta x
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Magenta,How you doing today? a little better i hope.(((())))Mig
  • magenta
    Options
    Hello Mig,

Thanks for asking about me. I had my gastroscopy yesterday and had sedation. I wasn't allowed to drive to work (even though I was advised not to go in!) so I got a lift. I've been off work due to schools being shut but it only took about half an hour for all my pains to come back-now I need another holiday!
    I feel all I do is moan, moan, moan, these days.
    How are you? Ok I hope?

Magenta x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Don't worry too much about moaning, there's lots of it going on, myself included.. It's like flare city in here... I just wish we could all be cured, then have a huge party :D

Wishing you well :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • magenta
    Options
    Yep Tony,

I agree, I would love to have a party and wear heels!!!

Magenta x
  • mig
    Options
    Hi Magenta,Iam coming off the codeine it was a struggle at first ,now it has got easier,gps on tuesday she will probaly drop me to 15mg instead of 30,now its coming out my system all the aches and pains are coming back,gp did talk about pain relief patches.
    moaning is good for you ,i often moan to myself which makes me wonder if im cracking up,its this bloody arthur it can make fools of us all.so have a good moan to us its what we are here for .Mig
    (not sure what a gastroscopy is)
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Mig,

I too talk to myself, usually that's when I get my head back to normal.

A gastroscopy is similar to an endoscopy (which I thought I was getting) but they look at your oesophagus, stomach and duodenum!

Magenta x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'll stick to mi trainers if that's ok? :? :lol:

magenta wrote:
    Yep Tony,

I agree, I would love to have a party and wear heels!!!

Magenta x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP