Flare up from bad to worse!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 16. Feb 2012, 14:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, As you all know I have been suffering from a flare up, Well this one has decided to get worse! It started off as both wrists,left knee,both hips and lower back. Now it's Both wrists,both legs, both hips,lower back, both thumbs and left little finger!! I've never had a flare up that has increased. I'm having my blood test for bone density that I had to cancel because of not being able to get there, but because of this getting worse OH has taken time off work to take me. The weird thing is after phoning the doctor's to make the appt 1/2hr afterwards my G.P phoned me and asked how I was and I told what had happened and she told me to come and see her after the blood test appt she added me to her appointment list for 20 mins after blood appt time. So now I have blood test and straight after G.P!
Last night just after I turned off the telly after watching Shameless in bed I got settled and was just dropping off when my whole body decided to have a spasm attack! I couldn't believe it, after 15mins of it the pain started as well because it was shaking me and pulling me. I just lay there sobbing and my OH must have heard me and came in to the room (Sleeping in the guest bed at the moment while the flare up is happening because of spasm's and pain) he sat on the bed and gave me a cuddle and asked is there anything he could do. And then said how about I put the lamp on the side table and you could do your puzzle book. I thought that was so sweet because it ment him going under bed plugging lamp in . He went out the way when he should have been sleeping. The spasm's lasted nearly an hour. I had to take extra Oromorph to ease the pain as well. So that's me at the moment! :cry:

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ey up.. Sorry that things are so rough at the minute.. Hope they settle down soon.
    You seen the GP yet?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Poor you, I hope things ease soon, remember to keep resting as that will help your body get 'better' quicker. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    That sounds really nasty. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.
    Are the spasms down to the Arthur, or do you get some sort of epilepsy too?
    Good Hubbies are priceless aren't they? I know mine is.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Sounds really painful, I hope you get some relief soon.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Oh Amanda

you poor poor thing :(

l am so sorry, but so glad the doc is going to see you and even more glad you have such a wonderful husband.

Love hugs and strength

Toni xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon and the flare ease's up. Take care. ((()))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hope it eases for ya soon. take care.x
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Oh Bubbadog, you poor love!! Why do you get the spasms???

I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight and wake up feeling a lot better tomorrow!!!

Sending you my best wishes,

Love Emma x
    LOVE EMMA X
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Thank you for your kind messages, I'm seeing my G.P tomorrow morning (Friday) as well as having a blood test to check bone density. The spasms started when the Fibro started so not sure if they are due to the fibro or the Osteoporosis. They seem to come on sparadically. So that is one question I may ask my G.P about, Will hopefully find the answer tomorrow so will let you all know.
  • Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such pain and problems just now, I too am having a bad flare up, my rheumy said that the morphine that my GP told me to take, as maxed out on tramadol and co-codamol, was no good for joint pain (new one on me) she suggested gabapentin. Got script from GP and started on it........yep was going great, took my amytriptiline on Sun night and ended up having weird hallucinations!!! Was only working my way up to three a day (300mg)......OH contacted GP who said stop taking them, when OH stated that they were actually doing some good, reducing pain, she then said would start me off on 100mg 3x day. They are not working, only side effect am getting is flushing instead of hallucinations, which is good, but the pain is still there!!!!
    What a fickle lot we are and its all about chemistry and science.....thot I'd left all that at school. Supporse it is about keeping at it and working out a fine balance. Hope you feel better soon tho.
    Arlene x