toe problem

Options
lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 16. Feb 2012, 16:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had my left big toe joint removed last may badly deformed by OA along with most of my joints, a plate and screws was used , i then ended up back in on IV a/bs for 3 days still it refused to fuse or heal up, so went back in and had the plate which surprised us all had snapped it was all removed and now 5 months later the toe has still not fused so I have a broken toe that can be wobbled about my GP said he wants to sort out another problem first (chance of a melanoma under my right little toe nail) is it likely it will need doing again do you think ?, it does ache like it did before the op I've been in hospital 5 times in 2 and half year and fed up with it all and obviously now the little toe problem am getting totally fed up with life I've got numerous health problems and at times feel totally useless, I cannot work due to all this and am now worrying about my DLA being stopped despite getting it indefinalty, I've got a smile on my face but inside i feel so fed up, despite being on prozac hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Comments

• emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh lavenderlady, i do really feel for you!

It's bad enough that we have all the pain and problems that come with arthritis, let alone going in for surgery and then it be a disaster.

I would push to get it all sorted out properly, first your little toe, then insist they sort out your big toe too.

The only suggestion i can give to perk you up a bit, is get out in the fresh air and try and go somewhere that's beautiful and peaceful and take a lovely deep breath of fresh air! It always makes me feel better to get out in the fresh air.

Take care and try not to get too down

Love Emma x
    LOVE EMMA X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi having probs with my big toe and it hurts so can not imagin what you are going through getting out when sun is out does help so does sun lamp (sad lamp) i would have thought they could sort both toes at same time save you having to go back in leaving ((())) to help you through val
    val
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Hello lavenderlady,
    Just to say I'm thinking of you. Be strong and don't give up. I wish you all the best.
    Love,
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Lavendarlady

l was going to say good to see you, but sounds as though you have had a rough time of late :(

You really have :(

l do hope things will pick up for you soon,,,the melanoma had better NOt be one and l hope the DLA worry will be unfounded.

Love and hugs to you remember you dont have to plaster a smile on here - we understand.

Toni xxx