Homeopathy and OA.

Options
Peacefulwarrior
Peacefulwarrior Member Posts: 18
edited 16. Feb 2012, 03:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I'm new on the forum so apologise if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone use homeopathic remedies to help manage their OA ?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi PW. I've tried so many different things and must admit I find them all a waste of time.. This does not mean that they will be no good for you.. When things are bad I think we would all try something new eh?

If you do try, let us know if it helps...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    As Tjt really, I think if it works for you that's great? Little things I do like such as baths and my hot water bottles. Lots of things I think you can do to help yourself - your weight and state of mind to me are very important. I have a copy of the chronic pain diet and dip into that from time to time (its not a weight loss diet).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi PW, many years ago I went to a homeopathist in desperation: my left knee was very swollen and still growing (due, as it turned out, to an unrecognised/undiagnosed inflammatory arthritis) and in addition to the little white pills (and what a faff they were!) she told me to eat celery and beetroot on a daily basis as they were anti-inflammatory foods. (She did not recommend ginger or any other supposedly anti-inflammatory substances.) I followed this regimen for about nine months without any relief from the pain or the swelling. The joint damage caused by the inflammatory one has led to OA in my knees and ankles. Hey-ho.

Arthritis in all its guises is an on-going degenerative disease and even the medical interventions such as steroid injections are finite in what they achieve. One thing is certain though, you shouldn't harm yourself if you try it so why not give it a whirl? If you find some form of benefit then that will be a good thing. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rubyjay
    rubyjay Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi pw,,, I have not tried homeopathy but , medication and me don't mix,, i have had tramadol, co codamol both of which make me feel ill, co dydramol are ok but space me out, just one paractamol knocks me out but does nothing for pain, Amitriptyline i had an uncomfortable experience with I am taking pregabalin for the burning nerve pain and that is fine. I do need to get on top of the OA pain but I am struggling.May give the Homeopathy a try, will certainly look into it .....rubyjay