mouth ulsers again

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. Feb 2012, 13:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
yep naproxen is at it again but want to try to keep taking it for few more days as just getting over a big flare any tips on keeping them to minimum ???? val
val

Comments

• annalou
    annalou Member Posts: 38
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val,

I'm currently taking Naproxen and getting mouth ulcers, which i thought must have been from that as I'm not taking anything else and it's not something I normally suffer from! I'll be waiting with interest for replies, hate mouth ulcers, but I know the naproxen really helps me.
  • Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    Hi Val
    Like you I have reccuring mouth ulcers, not sure what is causing it tho, don't think it is med related, according to Dentist and GP. I stumbled on using Difflam (throat and mouth spray) it has really helped.
    Arlene x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Rallymad wrote:
    Hi Val
    Like you I have reccuring mouth ulcers, not sure what is causing it tho, don't think it is med related, according to Dentist and GP. I stumbled on using Difflam (throat and mouth spray) it has really helped.
    Arlene x

thanks will check with pharmsist it ok for me to use on that many meds like to check first val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi I've been taking naproxen for some time now and no mouth ulcer....well no more than normal :lol:
    I find that anbesol.......its really for teething....is great.
    I tried to get it recntly after a long time on not having it and couldnt find it in B**ts......I then asked and she said Oh its now kept behind the counter, not on the shelves so if you ask for it you'll get it.
    Do they think the teething babies are going to overdose on it :lol::lol::lol:
    Anyway thats the best I've found....antiseptic and anaesthetic.

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Nice one Hileena

that's the one l use too!! keep wanting to mix the name up with a proprietary brand of haemorrhoid cream :lol: ......

would hate anyone to use that for mouth ulcers :shock:

love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am touching all the wood I can find whilst I type this one-handed: I've never had more than one and I hope I never do but my sympathies go to you as to have them so badly must be horrible. No remedies or recommendations, just these: ((())) DD

PS A regular application of Vina Sol may help. (It's a Spanish white wine!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi Toni
    I keep mixing the name up with Olb**oil.......a decongestant
    That would be nearly as bad as yours if mixed up :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Toni
    I keep mixing the name up with Olb**oil.......a decongestant
    That would be nearly as bad as yours if mixed up :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena

:lol:

you know l once poured s*nex in my EYES!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: anyone who takes advice off me must be mad!!! :oops:
  • hileena111
    :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Aimer66
    Aimer66 Member Posts: 50
    Ummm, mouth ulcers, I get some of them too.

I was told it can be part of the inflammatory response as well as possibly the meds.

Naproxen was dreadful for me so I was given Arcoxib which is better but I still get mouth ulcers.

I find using "oraldene" mouthwash and bongella helps keep them under some sort of control.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Want what you have.