A big THANK YOU for thinking of me on Wednesday

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited 17. Feb 2012, 12:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wow! Thank you so much guys! Your messages really lifted my spirits. I couldn't believe that so many of you replied! It was really nice of you.
My surgery went well. This time I didn't get sick afterwards because they gave me different drugs plus some anti-sickness medicine, which was really good. After the op I was feeling well (thanks to the drugs and the still numb foot) so they decided to let me go home. That saved me from sleeping with snorers and noisy nurses around :) The numbness wore off this morning so the foot started aching a bit but it's nothing that I can't take. After my previous op I was in a horrible pain for a week and couldn't even go to the toilet so I think that this time I am lucky. I can hop to the loo or the living room for a bit of tv with the help of crouches and a very fashionable shoe on my operated foot :). I just hope I won't die of boredom for the next 4 weeks :(
Once again -thank you for your support and for thinking about me on Wednesday. It was really great to have you all in my pocket :D .
Love,

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My goodness neisa!!!

l am amazed to see you and to hear you are so WELL too!!!

fabulous

here's to a speedy recovery
    ftes016.gif
    Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    you are doing amazing well done glad we were quiet enough have been known to get banned from theater for getting giggles well done here if you need us val
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hiya, am so sorry i missed this, but i am glad it went so well.

you know we are here if boredom strikes, there is always Jezza and Dicko if you get realy bored :lol:

take care, all the best.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Really happy that it went well for you.. Bet you're relived that it's not as painful as last time eh?
    Hope that you heal well and that the op does what it's meant to have done..

Be well, use them crutches, try not to hop too much, wouldn't want too much strain on the other foot.
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Glad things are so good...You wont die of boredom... :lol: Come and chat to us :wink:
    Just dont overuse the other foot please

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Nesia, Glad everything went well, and that you seem to be recovering so well. Keep up the recovering so well. xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Nesia
    Glad everything went ok and you are home!Good advice in not hopping to much,it's very tiring and puts extra strain on the other foot.
    I know what you are going through,had my foot in plaster for 8 weeks after ankle op.Crutches are the best way to get around and they act as an additional hand!When I wanted to move cups,plates etc.from one room to the next used to put stuff on a tray and push it along the floor using the crutch.You can be amazed how resourceful you can be!
    Don't be tempted to rush things or watch too much daytime tv,it can be damaging to your mental state!
    Ron x

ps I know which fashionable shoe you mean.............. :roll:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Glad it all went well for you, sounds like your on a real upper now
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Thanks guys,
    You really are a great bunch :D
    So far I'm being good and using my crouches but I'm afraid they starting to hurt my hands as I have to put quite a lot of pressure on them when I walk :(. Foot hurting occasionally when I walk so I'm trying to stay in bed for as long as I can.
    Ron, thanks for the advice, I will try to avoid daytime tv - the ads at that time of day are really annoying :) . Luckily I love reading.
    Toni, the flowers are lovely. Thank you :)
    I'm sure I will be chatting to all of you more for the next couple of weeks. I have all the time in the world :D .

Love,