hours cut

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 18. Feb 2012, 16:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
well it been so quiet at work was expecting it but they cut our hours so only doing 16 now will my stamp still get paid ???? any one know what site i should look at for advice ? thanks well at least will get some extra rest but need the money better sort my cv out :(
val

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Val

to be honest l think it might depend how much you are paid an hour....if they can't tell you at work l would ring the tax office and you can buy stamps yourself if you need to they can tell you how.

I hope the hours being lessened will be ok money-wise and that you benefit from the extra rest.

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear this, it seems to be the same everywhere, I do hope you can find something else although I wish you could enjoy the rest .
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oooooh, a double-edged sword indeed. :( I don't know about the stamps thing, there must be summat on the interweb somewhere - isn't there a gov.org or somesuch? Sorry to be so useless. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Val

Sorry your hours have been cut.

I have put a link below which should give you at least some of the information you need.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/basics.htm#4

Tillyxxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks have read it but still not sure where it leaves me lol think will have to contact cab thanks for replys val
    val
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Sorry you have had this bad news. I admire your positive attitude. It wont harm getting up date with cv and considering your options. Im sure you would benefit from the rest though it is not what you want. I hope things pick up for you my thoughts are with you wishing my best for you joanne
    Joanne