Made fifty pounds on the coffee day

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 20. Feb 2012, 17:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am on the friends of the library. I asked the library to put on the coffee day. Me and a friend did the refreshments. The Friday friends group were in a room. We asked the organizer if we could tell em about what we were doing. He thought we were doing a talk and seemed really pleased. I went in and told em about my experience of rheumatoid arthritis and about arthritis care. We told them they were welcome to come to our table in the middle of the library for cakes. They bought key ring and cakes and posed for photos with us.
The organizer from age concern said they had quite a chat about there aches and pains after i left the room and said how much they enjoyed my talk.
I had no preparation for it. We had passing customers after. Me and my friend went for lunch up the local pub then returned to do the afternoon. Birmingham theater company did a panto work shop with some children. They ate loads of cakes and moms dads had our coffee. We made fifty pounds.
I have been asked if i was doing another. I am going to look into doing an awareness day for arthritis week in may so watch this space. :D:D:D
Joanne

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Congratulations and Well done!!!!

That is a real achievement. :D
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Well done :!: :D It sounds as though a good time was had by all, and £50 was excellent. Keep up the good work :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you should be proud of your self well done val
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Thats great, well done. :wink:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Very well done to you
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Bravo you Joanne!!!

m04130.gif

You did SO well!!

unacustomed as you are to public speaking :)

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey-hey! Well done my lovely, what a good result for you after all your hard work. I hope you are not feeling too wiped out today - rest as much as you can, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    well done you all seem to have had a great time. :D
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joanne

It is a joy to read that you are so enthusiastic about the coffee morning and also the good return, for all your trouble. :D You sound like you and your friend had a great day so many reap the benefit. :D Good for you, I admire you, you are a very determined person, when you want to be and this shines through not only now but in the past too. Carry on as you are, you will go far. :)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    That is brilliant, well done you,it does sound like everyone had a good time, mind you cake always goes down well,
    Good luck with the next one, I can see it being even better.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi everyone thank you for all the replies. I am shattered today very pleased i achieved what i did yesterday. I had a few came and spoke to me about there arthritis yesterday. Some were just diagnosed and took some leaflets and the helpline details.
    The public speaking thing.
    A few weeks ago someone in my writing group said they taught public speaking. They are in talks to find out about funding etc. I am fingers crossed hoping they will put something on. I am waiting on that one. The talking in public at a few things is coming my way very strange as it is something In past i would not think in wild dreams i would dare to do.
    I have been asked to recite one of my poems for the opening of the garden in front of all my library friends and the mayor and other invited guests. This is happening in April. I need practice i just hope i will get a few chances before hand. I am OK in a small group friends. Yesterday was in front of strangers it did not feel too bad. Thanks again from joanne
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    That is great Joanne... Well done mi dear.. And the very best of luck for april, I'm sure that you will do really well... Me & Ra will pop along for pocket duties, will bring a 'special' flask for any minor nerves, lol..
    :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Any brandy in it :wink::D
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    Any brandy in it :wink::D
    if that is what you want my dear I think you've earned it :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    Options
    It does ease the throat well. will need it definitely for medical purposes only :wink:
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I believe ya, millions wouldn't, lol... :D
    I'll have Ra put it in a little barrel on a collar like a rescue dog, haha...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I was hoping a big st Bernard would come my way look forward to meeting him :D
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    Options
    he's not exactly a St Bernard, more of a St Elsewhere... Lol
    He's a big dopey lump.. But I loves him. :D
    http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/TJT6768/RaRa.jpg

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I like your st elsewhere :D . Nice white cat would look good with a brandy barrel attached to a collar
    Joanne