The Samboomba Band!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. Feb 2012, 18:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Mr DD and me have just returned from the town centre. I sat down whilst he explored the new Little Waitrose (opened about ten days ago) and people-watched. There were quite a few milling around, all similarly dressed: deep purple on the lower half, bright orange on the top, all ages, both genders and one with a mobility scooter. My curiosity was roused. Anyhoo, Mr DD appeared and of we wandered, past the Cornhill heading towards Debenhams when - BANG! - the most astonishing rhythms errupted behind us. The purple and orange bods turned out to be The Samboomba Band and I was entranced. I sat down (taking one's private chair around sure is useful!) while he went off and did stuff. I liked it so much I rang a friend and left two messages, holding the phone towards the band!

I wonder if they need any new members? Mr DD had a bash at this at a works effort (one of the board members belongs to a samba band and they all did a drumming workshop) and he enjoyed it despite seriously lacking a sense of rhythm. I wanna go! I really, really do. I am going to get in touch with them and see what's what. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD,

That sounds really good and im pleased to see you had a good time today!! :D

Im interested to know, what type of 'private chair' do you have? I have a walking stick with a chair, but it isn't that comfy!!
    LOVE EMMA X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    A great idea dd joining their band, I hope the time and place suit you and that you can attend. Music and the fact that you are playing a part in it will do you a world of good.
    Let us know if and when you have your first session. It would be a lively pocket duty....such fun.

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That's them Del! :D Thank you! :lol: There were about thirty playing today - oh the sound! You could feel the reverberations through your body when they were all going hell-for-leather. The leader changes with every new rhythm routine, there's no conducting as such, just signals with hands or whistle. I've found their website and a phone number, now I just need to dredge up some courage. It's there somewhere, I'm sure and you, my lovely PF, will be one of the first to be told!

Right, the private seat: it's what I call The Clatterator, it's my new-ish four-wheeled rollator and this was the first time I had taken it into town.

As for you young Rehab - you is a norty norty boy. :D DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    go for it girl sure you will fit right in but the out fit would do nothing for my skin tone or shape lol glad it was good trip out even if there some pay back at least you got taken out of your self which is good for the mental state we get in val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I can't picture you in those colours DD :shock:
    Lol
    They're certainly not subtle eh? Haha

I'm really pleased that you got to go out.. :D

Rehab's method sounds... Ahem.. Lol interesting, not sure how effective it is though.... Heehee
    Can you dance to that one Len :o:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Mad, you lot are bloody mad!. :shock: :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    And your'e the essence of sanity? :shock: :lol: You know what, Mell mate? I reckon you could give summat a good shaking or thumping (in the Samboomba way, I mean). DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    He's been giving that spleen a right shakin & thumping this last year... Lol
    I've named it too.. It's Charlie.. Charlie Spleen.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP