insurance

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 10. Mar 2012, 16:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
i thought the PM was having a word with insurance companies about premiums???
well,,, my car insurance has gone up an extra £200 - thanks for the "word" - am,being robbed everyway i turn.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Insurance companies should all just have Dick Turpin as their logo.. Bunch of thieving bas#ard$ :x
    I hate insurance companies.....
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Shop around, Insurance companies don't give a stuff for loyalty.I always go online just before my renewal Get a few dodgy quotes and then bargain with the company I want to be with It usually works 8) 8) 8)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have been with the red telephone company for years and years. They always give the lowest quote (I look round the others before they remind me with their renewal notice) - they are even cheaper than their sister company - oh yes! I think this year my fully comp, legal expenses, no-claims protection and rescue is a shade under £220. Not too bad for an old girl like me! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    We've just renewed my hubby's car insurance. Went online and got a good deal with d**l dire*T for business miles as well, all the gubbins for £200. Breakdown cover too!

Without business miles it was £165 for a saxo. I do not enjoy trawling tinternet for it, but to get a good deal you've got to. I shall do the same for the upcoming house insurance.

Janie
  • oneday
    Options
    hi all
    well i do up to 6000 pa and its gone up £200 pounds extra to over £800!!! i remember when i thought £250 was enough, totally ripped off, am going to try that company that logs your mileage with a tracker device, let u know how i get on!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    There is a lot of debate going on about the company' Insure the box' on Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert.com. forum insurance & life assurance board.
    You get to read the good and bad experiences before you buy.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    I was a bit slow and probably too trusting....
    2 years ago i was with the company with the dog, at renewal the premiium went up so i moved..now this one has gone up and i went back to the company with the dog as its cheapest.
    I think all the companies have a cartel, sounds like oil and Dallas, haa or some pact..it goes. lets put up premiums and let customers play musical chairs!!!
  • tkachev
    Options
    They make a loss in the first year with new customers hoping that they will stay with them as it is easier than searching around for a new policy.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    I think that the compensation culture is driving up premiums in the UK There has been quite a bit about it on the TV today Here in Spain with Linea Directa I pay 350 euros for a 2 litre Mondeo I have full recovery from anywhere in Europe even Home start Sooner they sort out the whiplash culture the better :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • tkachev
    Options
    You are right Tony.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    wonder if you could insure car abroad then? lol!! for here in uk!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Oneday,

Good to see you again :D

Oh challenge them flower thats way too much of an increase! They tried to shove mine up by 40 quid i think it was so I found cheaper and rang them....

Told them I was canceling the policy and they asked why and I said I had found cheaper. they asked who with etc and then she went and spoke to someone, came back and they ad taken it down to only 7 quid more than the other quote....

i was happy with that cus we all know they start with a nice cheap quote and then it goes up once they have hooked you :lol:

Public liability insurance... now that one I can't find cheaper :wink:

Hope the world is treating you ok and hows your friend now her replacement is older? Cris xx
  • oneday
    Options
    Hi Cris
    My friends op went well although its a few months ago and cant remember everything now! All I can say was it went well despite all her fears beforehand.
    I was going to put a message on the thread about missing peeps but it seemed to have deteoriated !