Much appreciated :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mimiofdc
    mimiofdc Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope you find some relief - and sooner rather than later.

I'll be very interested to hear as I have always wondered about the magical pain clinics!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I'll update when I get the appointment through for the treatment. I know it will be a matter of weeks, just don't know how many :roll:
    I've cut the fentanyl down to 50mcg/hr. To be honest, the pain hasn't got any worse but at the minute I don't think it could :? I have been having the cold sweats etc, presume that's from decreasing the drug. Will stay at 50 for a while before risking dropping to 25's..
    GP wants to keep an eye on me through this so back in a couple of weeks. Was surprised that the clinic dint replace the fentanyl with something else.
    Thank you for your replies everyone :D
    mimiofdc wrote:
    Hope you find some relief - and sooner rather than later.

I'll be very interested to hear as I have always wondered about the magical pain clinics!
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Misscreant
    Misscreant Member Posts: 32
    Hi I am new here but when I saw this thread just had to reply. For many reasons I have been leading a fairly nomadic life for the last 4 years.

Just about 4 years ago I discovered that my neck had been broken. An emergency op followed and a cage put in my neck. This causes pain, tingling, weakness and twitching. Due to all the moving around I was never in one place long enough to sort out proper meds etc. bear with me folks arthritis does come into the equation. Honest. :?

We moved here in January last year and at last I could get things sorted and was referred to the pain clinic. Whoo hoo thought I. In August I still had not got my appointment for the pain clinic but I did have a heart attack and a mini stroke :roll:

I started cardio rehab at a local gym and about half way through the 8 week course I developed a very sore knee. I thought that I had just pulled a muscle but weeks later it was still no better so went to my GP an X-ray later and I was diagnosed with arthritis.

I have been surprised at the speed that it has degenerated at but on the plus side I finally got my first pain clinic appointment 5 weeks ago.

It consists of one session a week for 6 weeks. Only now I wanted them to deal with the pain in my knee. There have been one or two usefull bits of information but nothing that warrants six sessions. It has been a complete disappointment to me. Because so many people are on the course there are no specifics discussed.

I hope that other people on here have better experiences with their pain clinics. :D now I will away to another thread for a whinge or two. :oops:
    I am not a complete idiot, some parts of me are missing!
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hi Tony i done a 12 week corse at the pain centre its quite intense but worth it. The thing is you get to the stage where you will try anything.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    Hi Misscreant :D
    You won't find better than Yorkshire folks.. Lol
    I'm sorry that the course didn't really help that much. I've been under the pain clinic a number of times in the fifteen or so years but have never actually taken any courses.. I don't think they'd be for me but I suppose, as my good pal Colin says, sometimes you'll try anything.
    I've only ever had different types of treatment, injections etc etc. They have also taken charge of my pain meds..
    Anyway, good to meet you misscreant, hope you stick around, we're not a bad bunch, lol.

Cheers Colin :D phew, almost missed the predictive text error and called you Colon :shock: Apt, I know but a tad unfair, lol...
    Hope you're ok today matey
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Tony

How are you today?
    I hope that you are feeling quite ok.
    I have these fingers crossed hoping you get an appointment through shortly.

Take care
    (((((((((()))))))
    Love Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Morning tony,How are things today ?Mig
  • tjt6768
    thanks Julie,Mig.. Today I was wiped out. Not so bad now. Will reply later, just picking J up..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Take it steady Tony :?

Misscreant - nice to meet you. Hope to see you around on the forums.

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    thanks Toni :D
    Picked J up from work, came back, had a rest, made some food, wiped out again :roll:
    Oh well.. Lol
    One of those things eh?
    I will now chill out and watch Spartacus, can't beat a bit of blood n gore to chill out to :? :lol:
    I'M SPASTICUS :D:D & SO IS MY WIFE :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Sorry I missed this thread, Tony. The new treatment sounds interesting, so I hope you don't have to wait too long. You really deserve a break from all the pain.

All the best to you and Janet (purrs to Ra from Tommy)
    Joanxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    thank you my lovely friend :D
    joanlawson wrote:
    Sorry I missed this thread, Tony. The new treatment sounds interesting, so I hope you don't have to wait too long. You really deserve a break from all the pain.

All the best to you and Janet (purrs to Ra from Tommy)
    Joanxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP