well spent

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 22. Feb 2012, 14:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
2 hours at c.a.b.this morning talking to some nice gentlemen but still no idea wether it better sticking to 16 hours or going down to 15 and signing on but got form to fill in to see if we entitled to any benifits and he said try for dla but i am sure will not qualify lol can dress cook peal spuds etc well most days and can walk but when it was cold struggled to do any of these things lol he says if you do not put in for it they can not say no lol will keep job hunting any one any idea what i did with my cv hhhhheeeelllllpppp
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There are two components to DLA aren't there? I qualify under the mobility aspect but not the caring aspect as I can still (just about!) manage. Do you use a stick at all, especially on the bad days? Obviously you won't get if you don't ask, and they are very strict now in who is awarded what but it may be worth a try, valval, you never know. DD

PS I forgot to say I am glad the CAB bloke was helpful, they are very knowledgeable people aren't they?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    You have nothing to loose and everything to gain Val i think yoiu should give it a go.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • valval
    Options
    trouble is i do not feel i am bad enough to get it lol you all have things so much worse val
    val
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Val, I feel exactly the same as you! Some days i think, OMG, i should qualify for DLA and then other times i think, im not bad enough, yet!!!

Mind you, my cousin had some vertebrae fused together and she lives on her own and walks around in high heels and claims DLA and my mum keeps saying to me, if she can get it then i must be able to !! So i don't know, im all confused!!! :?
    LOVE EMMA X
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I know so many people on DLA that shouldn't be :x
    They walk around with no problems at all, gardening all summer long, washing their motabilty cars with not a jot of pain.... Wish I could manage those things... Not a chance :roll: I'm sure some get it just because they're old.. Or they are golfing chums with their GP.

I know someone who claims it, claims she can barely walk or use her hands but she's really OCD with cleaning and forever on the go, scrubbing floors, washing, ironing, hoovering, decorating etc.. She's like the duracell bunny.. I know she does have RA but it's obviously not bothering her enough to stop her constantly doing all the above..
    Annoys the Hell out of me. Especially when I'm fed up with the pain I'm in, like today :x :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    it would be so much easyer if the doc says that it you bad enough now to stop work and you will get it or some such yesterday i needed it today i am quite normal (well normal for me ) how are you supposed to know when to bother with it think there is a test sheet you can fill in to see if you qualify might go see val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    just put dla in and you can get to site that you can check on val
    val