Back home from hospital

babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 24. Feb 2012, 07:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi just got back from hospital.I went down to theatre at 3.15pm and got back 4.45pm and for the first time I didnt get sick from anesthetic 9must be magic medicine he gave me)
The results are ,he done MUA and NO JOY ,knee won't budge at all.
He took biopsy's from knee as well but have to wait 4 weeks for results.
So really don't know what happens now
So think maybe its time to put a claim in
Thanks to all for pocket duites today

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi babytiger

I am so sorry to hear the outcome of today's procedure. Yep, time to put a claim in. From what I remember your post op care was abysmal and total negligence springs to mind, words hospitals do not like to hear. I just hope that you have kept a diary of phone calls, names of people you have spoken to and dates. I hope you do not have too much of a fight on your hands. This is something that you could really do without. I really do feel for you.

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • babytiger
    Thanks Yeah I have kept all my paperwork from hospitals.physio etc.
    He said he was going to try and releive the pain but I wont know until tomorrow when I try and walk about on it whether it is any better or not
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi not much can say but sorry it not the out come you had hoped for but do hope it has helped a bit val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi babytiger

l am so sorry things might not be improved :(

l do hope they will have some other ideas to help you.

Take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Babytiger, I'm so sorry things didn't work out the way you where hoping them to. :( I hope you get some relief from the procedure, and I hope you get some pain relief meds that help you soon. Have you decided to send off to make a claim?
  • babytiger
    Hi Bubbadog... I have been a bit down this morning ,thinking is this it ? a leg that doesnt work but am ok now after my bubble.....
    Ive had the dog out for 10 min,pottered round the house and Im usually in pain now but nothing so far....so maybe he has cut some nerves to ease the pain,time will tell
    I'm letting my OH sort out putting in a claim (there's that many to choose from) Ive sorted out a folder to put all my hospital papers in.
    He is always telling me to try for some kind of invalidity benefit but it seems such a minefield and from Ive read on here a lot get turned down

Eileen