SIGMOIDOSCOPY

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 26. Feb 2012, 19:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well its finally arrived “ Trap Door Day “ This is the second look the first was the barium enema. Today its the Sigmoidoscopy Havent eaten since I left Preston and headed back to Liverpool yesterday morning “I could eat a mangy dog” mind you I did eat an extra large fat boys. Sipping on the moviprep as I type had a dose yesterday and this one at 6am I’m to be at the hospital for 1215 so should be home in time for my Sunday dinner. Well cant say I’m looking forward to having pipes and cameras stuck up my bum just hope I don’t get to like it. ( hope its not one of those big cannon cameras) its got to be better than that tube I had stuck up my nose into my tummy last week. Starting to get fed up with them messing with me. It seems to be test after test I think its my RA causing everything but they want to have a look anyway. Best to be safe than sorry. Catch yo all late today anyway take care you all.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Dear

l am sorry, but as you say far better safe than sorry Colin.

Thinking of you and hoping for a successful outcome.

LOve

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Oh the cameras! I've had 'em stuck up and down everywhere. Hopefully you'll soon be home and eating to make up for lost time, Colin.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    oh dear colin ..been there and done that horrid..
    hope you feel better today
    like you said better safe than sorry..
    georgie :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Colin
    I just want to wish you well with it all...and I hope this one will be the last, dont forget we are all in your pocket .....so we will entertain you while its all going on...you take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Options
    Well i'm back only took half an hour but they where behind with appointments. Well now it was painful brave old me had it with no drugs or pain relief (Fool Colin) that camera must have been huge, i watched it on TV just like a science fiction movie. Anyway it seems i now have Diverticulitis in my lower bowl along with the the upper bowel that i have had for years. And i thought you could only get it in the upper colon should have been a doctor i have every bloody medical condition under the sun, Anyway its all over and now i just want my sunday dinner. I'm starting a diet tomorrow anyone wish to join me. its the one where you have 2 drinks to replace breakfast and lunch cant remember what its called stocked up from Asda they have a sale on for the stuff.
    Thank you all
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Colin

well done you. l am glad it's all done and dusted and at least you know what's wrong and that it's not anything really sinister!

Enjoy your Sunday dinner.

My husband is on that same diet...he has the 'bars' at lunchtime....they take some eating!

Love

Toni xx
  • Colin1
    Options
    Toni
    Mrs C tells me its the slimfast diet
    so i'm giving it a go i think its all a state of mind and i really need to feel better about myself but yes i'm fat 14 stone 12lbs was always around 11 stone but the lungs are stopping me from exercise. I have this need to try and help myself but i so much love my food.
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Yes Colin that's the very one :D

you get one normal meal a day for tea and it does work. Husband has lost one and a half stone so far.

I think there is a chance that loosin some weight might actually help your breathing too.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Colin
    Im glad you are home and its all over with, now you enjoy that roast dinner and the diet can wait till next week.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good luck with the diet colin we about the same weight and i only 5ft 3 so need to shift a few pounds when feeling more normal lol and can move again val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Colin.. Glad that it's over matey.. Those cameras ain't small eh :shock:
    Good luck with the diet rkid..

Take it easy
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Hi Colin, well done with the tests. I was fourteen and a half stone. Heart attack and high cholesterol so had to diet.
    I bought Heinz low cal soups. Have one for lunch every day, lost 3 stone in four months just by cutting out a proper lunch and not having big dinners but little and often.
    Set a target, buy things you like, not things you think you must have. It makes the diet easier. I like chicken and mushroom soup so I always look forward to my low cal lunch now.
    Good luck.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    colin well done you brave man. I am glad it is all over for you now and I hope you enjoyed your sunday dinner.

Good luck with the slim fast diet.

Love Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    is it on youtube yet :shock: :o:lol:
    Mine went viral.. Haha
    See it on
    Www.tony'shairybumandinsides.com.org.co.uk

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...