So so upset...

Options
2»

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nesia esa is a sickness benefit. You might be eligible for it. I don't get it so don't know very much about how you qualify.What about working tax credits based on your joint income?

Had a quick look a working tax credits for you. a couple with no children ;one of you needs to work at least 30 hours a week. It depends on your annual income and I think £17000 is the cut off point for 2012-2013. If you qualify for DLA(and you have lower rate of care at this point)you get a bit more in payments but I don't know if lower rate counts but at least let the know).

The benefit system is a minefield. How about phoning CAB for help. We have a local carers charity that do a benefit check for you.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Thanks for your words of encouragement, bubbadog. Actually I didn't go to the tribunal yet. It is early days still. I only wrote the appeal form and I'm waiting for DWP to reconsider. Only if I don't agree with whatever they decide I would think of going to the tribunal. Although I'm not so sure I want to do it as it sounds very stressful and I am so tired of fighting for everything.
    Hi Elisabeth,
    I had a look at esa and I don't qualify simply because my husband works full time. I don't think it's fair because whether he's working or not I'm still sick and would maybe like some help and support. We had once tax credits calculated by cab and they said we can get it, but when we applied we didn't get any. My husband earns very little but more than £17000, though not much more. They should try to live on that in London! I'm planning to go to cab again but that involves standing in a queue for an hour before opening just so you can get an appointment, so not really looking forward to that. Might need to bring a stool or something or hubby will queue and I wait in the car. We will ask whether we qualify for anything... Maybe if I had a baby we would get something but how can I have one when I can't afford it? Vicious circle it is.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for the reply from DLA people. I'm starting to dread brown envelopes.
    Thanks to all of you who bother to read and even reply to my posts.
    Lots of love,
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Yes the queue at CAB has put me off at times.We went to a smaller, quieter office in the suburbs and got a promise of a appointment which sorted out my DLA claim (I'm in West London area so know what you mean about cost of living).

The claim criteria for Working tax credits and tax credits has changed this year and is meant to be more helpful for those on a low income.Shame about the ESA .

I dreaded the brown envelopes too and would get a sick feeling!

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hi Nesia, any news yet??

I'm still waiting to go to tribunal.. havent heard anything i dont think since sending the form back in march... cant remember if they even acknowledged my form.. if they do
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    i need DLA for a new brain.... just gone back through and seen you got it back... why do i keep forgetting things???????????????????????

IGNORE MY LAST MESSAGE SORRY XX
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    I have a feeling they (the DLA) are doing this to everyone. I sent in a wad of documents and it came back with a 2 year stamp. Every other update (with less documentation than this time) has been for 4 years.

I had a similar event with a social fund loan I applied for. On paper everyone can apply for £1,500. But no one gets that - unless you have small children. I spoke to a chap in the office and it seems a Home Office directive has reduced 'given' to everyone to £400 odd.

Glad to hear you are fighting this - I've also got a third party request in to look at mine again too.

Does make you wonder where this ends though doesn't it?
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    hello nesia

i am so sorry to hear your bad news , Which Borough do you live in , it seems that sutton and richmond look after their people best wandsworth is just rubbish , i'm hoping that merton will be ok .Please keep your chin up and keep fighting i'm sure it will come right in the end for you..

lots of love karen fowls 48
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    So sad reading all this through :(

What would we do without each other?

We have to keep on appealing and appealing and going to tribunals where we often get these wrong decisons overturned.

Sending strength to those of you still battling the system and so frightened for your futures.....

Love

Toni xx