want to give up smoking then read on

Options
MrDJ
MrDJ Member Posts: 286
edited 10. Mar 2012, 22:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
ive been a smoker for over 30 years and have attempted to give up on 4 occasions.
usual stuff from the gp like inhaler,gum and patches.
patches lasted 2 weeks and i started again.
then the market started being flooded with all the various E cigarettes.
ive tried 3 with not much luck except for the last one.

SkyCig is amazing.
at the time of buying there was a special offer for £9.99 normal price £39.99
its now gone up by a tenner but still worth it.
the website advertises it for £49.99 which is a bit crafty as not many people know there is a code on facebook that knocks £30 off.

i gave up on the 4th december and lasted just over 3 months without touching a real cig until stress took over with my arthritis and i bought a pack last week :oops:
at the moment i am only having 2-3 a day until the packs gone but compared to the 20 a day i was on im still doing well.

well its time for me to share and see if it can help anyone else out.

[text removed]

ive now spent over £160 on refill filters but compared to what i would have spent in the last 3 months ive saved almost £500

the best bit is you can smoke these anywhere. bus,train,plane. i even smoke mine in the hospital.

if this helps out just one person then my job has been done.
good luck

*Post edited...removal of link to commercial advertising site. Breach of House Rule 2 which states The forum is not a shop so please don’t advertise or promote products and services on the forum in any way ModeratorIA

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done matey. But a word of warning, this might gery pulled for advertising.. Just a heads up :D
    Hope you do just finish that last pack.. You should just throw them away, great feeling...
    Best of luck
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • MrDJ
    Options
    could you delete the whole post then please. i did search the faq but couldnt find anything.
    it wont let me delete the post.

edit. thanks Tony. yup link had already been removed.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much rkid.. If the mods have done their thing then they must be happy with what they left behind..
    Hope you're doing ok... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • MrDJ
    Options
    thanks mate but its pointless it being here as the name has been removed and the last thing i want if for people to get ripped off and buying some of the cheaper made rubbish that is the same price.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Another word of warning some of these **** contain chemicals that you breath in some even give off smoke so that they really do look like a ****. Yes its cheap to start but its expensive to keep on with them. I wonder if these are the ones you charge on the USB port MrDJ. 2 ideas about stopping smoking 1 your health 2 your pocket 1 you are breathing in some form of chemical with some of these **** 2 your still spending money.
    Best thing to do is just simply stop smoking, i know its hard to do but you can do it i smoked between 40 and 60 a day been smoking for about 45 years but when i got what i call sick RA PA FM i decided it was time to help myself. yes i wanted to kill people yes i ate the fridge yes i was orrible ( still can be ) there are no secrets just stop it. now if just one of you stop smoking after reading this post my work is done. on the other hand if you send me a one off £50 quid payment i will pm you with some words of wisdome to help you on your way to a better life.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • MrDJ
    Options
    Colin1
    these are the ones that smoke and glow and get warm like a normal cig.
    they have nicotein in them but not the dangerous tar.
    they can be charged by a usb but also have a box the same size as a pack of cigs that is also a charger so no wires required.
    i have read up on indipendant tests that have been carried out on them and they have been classed as safe.

but i totally agree that there are some dodgy ones out there. i have tried one of them and threw it away the same day.
    this is why i asked for the thread to be deleted as i dont want people to google and go for the first one they see as it could well be one of the dodgy ones.

i understand where you are coming from but for some people its easier said than done to just stop. i watched my dad die of cancer and if that didnt shock me into stopping then there are lots more people out there cannot just stop.

sure im still spending money on the filters but as i said in 3 months ive saved round about £500
    I refer you to my Nigerian financial advisor Prince Nnamdi Mbutu who may also help you with the inheritance you have.
    oh my god, what a small world. i know him. ive already sent him 2 goats and a sheep as pre payment and am still awaiting my inheritance which we are going to share.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    boy, it is a small world.. I was also contacted by this lovely fellow.. Such a nice young man. Told me that he had some gold bullion to import and if I just payed the tax on it he would split the profits fifty fifty.. What could go wrong? I've also given him the card details, I'm sure he'll be in touch soon.... :D:D:D

His cousin has also sold me a piece of the humber bridge, two thousand quid and I get section number 785BGH. I've received my photo of the particular section, it's wonderful.. Just awaiting my legal documents. Don't know what the hold up is, I've posted the cheque for three hundred quid to cover the costs... Maybe :? :? the postman is poorly
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Tony your madder than a box of frogs mate so much so you almost make Len look normal! :shock: :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    boy you really know how to flatter a guy Mell, lol.. Wibble barble gurp fizz :D
    mellman01 wrote:
    Tony your madder than a box of frogs mate so much so you almost make Len look normal! :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP