PAYING THE PRICE

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 10. Mar 2012, 17:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well as I told you all I lost 12 lbs feeling pretty chuffed with myself
and on a bit of a high. Yesterday I done quite a lot in the garden including
going to the tip and going to buy some soil.
Today is the day from hell I feel so ill and hurt so much. Glad I got the work done in the garden with the help of Mrs C of course could not do it without her, but ye Gods I’m so paying the price. Got up at 7am to sort out a hosepipe problem then back to bed as it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can hardly lift a cup of tea at the moment i hurt so much.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• soraya
    soraya Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Bless your heart Colin, im the same have a good day then know without question the next day i will suffer, rest up and take time only you know your body so dont fight it, if it says rest then rest and i hope you feel better soon Soraya :D
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi dude sorry to hear you've over done it, but boy do we pay for it when the pain fairy comes out to play, trouble is it's the bow stear effect of OA and RA, I've still not managed to get it under control and I still over do things when I feel good it's natural to do so but what else can we do, I get told off for over doing things but then again I also get ribbed for being hyper cautious by freinds etc when I'm OK, trying to explain how it is to them doesn't work, you can see them glaze over so now I don't bother I just keep out of the way so I don't go out to my local anymore as I've had a few mates get really angry with me for no real reason, it's odd but that's common for me I think it's because I look OK and I'm not in a wheel chair or anything, I must say the level of intollerance did, and does still suprise me.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, 'lead me not into the temptation of doing too much and deliver me from side effects . . . . . ' Poor you mate, I do empathise but I hope the satisfaction of getting some worthy chores done will bring you some comfort. Rest up today, do all the meds etc and I hope you feel better tomorrow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hi Mell yes simular with me I was hoping to go for a pint or 2 tonight have to see how i feel. Yes i have people who dont understand. Not so long back i arranged a dinner night but was so ill could not attend myself. One of my mates said you where ok yesterday. I als find that many of my old friends dont call anymore. I will say that in some ways i have changed to, i cant suffer fools anymore where i did in the past. Now i have to tell them what i think and that doesent help.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Colin Im so sorry you are suffering...we are all guilty of doing to much on our good days..hopefully tomorrow will feel easer...
    Then you will be proud of what you achieved in the garden....mine is a mess..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hey Rehab could do with a smile on my face to do that might do the discos tonight if the wife lets me out either that or go home early with a tin of WWD40
    could do with some of that on me bones. Mrs C says i wouldent know what to do with an oily woman if i found one, Just sent her to the shed for a tin of 3 in 1
    Colin
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    colin I am so sorry that you are suffering so much today after obviously having a lovely time in your garden yesterday.
    hope that tomorrow you feel a little better and are able to get out in your garden again, just, don't do too much....although I know it is hard when you feel in the mood.

Oh, and well done with your weight loss :D

love juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    :shock: what's wrong with you man :shock:
    Sending a wummun to your shed :o Have you learned nothing in your yrs on this Earth??
    Wimmin are forbidden from the shed.. Christ man, next thing they'll be voting and driving :? :lol:
    Sorry you're suffering fella... Really hope that it eases..
    Rest up and just think about an oily wummun lol..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Options
    Oh Tony please forgive me i'm having a bad day and could not go myself as the shed is half a mile away down my garden ( not bragging ) i dont know what came over me. Its all that Rehabe fault talking about oily wimmmin, it got me all a flutter it was just like reading a dirty book shame on me. I will chane the lock in the morning heaven above i hope my brother never finds out ill never live it down. God i hope she never tidied it up ill never find another thing.
    Colin
  • tjt6768
    Options
    it's ok mate.. Just this once though. And don't let her tell other wimmin about it. She must be sworn to secrecy immediately..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    colin sorry not been about much i do feel for you i did same sort of thing tue and still getting over it so leaving ((())) for you rest up and keep us females out of your shad i got my own oh does not do gardens lol
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    :shock: what's wrong with you man :shock:
    Sending a wummun to your shed :o Have you learned nothing in your yrs on this Earth??
    Wimmin are forbidden from the shed.. Christ man, next thing they'll be voting and driving :? :lol:
    Sorry you're suffering fella... Really hope that it eases..
    Rest up and just think about an oily wummun lol..

Come home early one day,found OH with me electric drill in her hand!!!
    Obviously found where my cellar was.God,they'll be wearing trousers next........... :shock:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You obviously haven't trained your wummun the rules matey :roll: :lol: what on Earth would she have wanted a drill for :o:o
    These 'modern wimmin' need to be put back in their place.. It's not too hard to find, it's the room with the big white machines in where the food usually appears from and washing goes in mucky and comes out spotless... Marvelous room, probably invented by a bloke of course :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP