Off darnn sarrrrfffff =-O

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 13. Mar 2012, 18:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
on monday, me n mi luvvli missus are getting the train to that london place.. We are staying down there till thursday. We have some yank friends who are flying home from gay paris via that london.. They're staying over a couple of days do we are going to go meet up with them. Haven't seen them since 2004.. Think they may gery a shock at how worse I've gotten since then. Plus J was fit and healthy back then, didn't get heart failure till 2007. I've pre-wanted them though, I reckon we will let them do the while tourist thing monday and tuesday, maybe meeting them tuesday for something to eat. Then spend the whole of wednesday and thursday morning with them... I'm really looking forward to seeing them but I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive as I know it will knock me for six no matter how easy I take it.. I've been told off by some wonderful friends (you know who you are :wink: ) on here because I won't get a wheelchair.. I'm daft and stubborn I know.

Our two pals Chris n Terry are following us down there on monday, staying at the same hotel as us but just overnight. They both love london & know it quite well. I ain't got a clue about the place.. They will be our rather camp tour guides while they're there :D
Wish me luck.. :lol:
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You'll have a great time Tony!
    It's always lovely to meet up with old friends. And if the whole thing knocks you for six a little.... you'll just take it easy and recover afterwards, whilst enjoying the memories of a fab time.
    Because, remember "You're worth it!" :D
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi T, would rather not be going myself mon but needs must hey.
    hate the way people trundle along like lemmings, no smile, no nothing, just blank expressions focussed on getting somewhere n nowhere!!

xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hate the place , originally from London but avoid it as much as possible ; dislike being too far from the sea these days too . You will either love London or it will make you appreciate yorkshire all the more . Hope you and Janet are as well as you can be . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I wish you luck, mate. You'll need it without that wheelchair. Do you have a Yorkshire/London dictionary? here are a few phrases to start you off:
    Nah then sithee is rendered as Good morning
    Dozy wassock is rendered as Imbecile
    Nitherin' is rendered as jolly cold

You'll find it easier with the Yanks. Just remember that anything less than 'awesome' = fair clapped out. Double or triple awesome is safer.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i love london not been down for few years it to much for me these days all that dashing about but love the boat trips on the thames have great time val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I love London ( lived there for three years ) but last time I went I found it too exhausting getting around on the tube or bus. Consequently, we got taxis everywhere, which added to the cost but it was worth it for a few days. I still find it one of the most exciting cities in the world.

I hope you and Janet have a great time with your friends, Tony.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    well bless you all :D
    Len, do you think I'll get much for a whippet and done racing pigeons?

Sticky, thanks mi dear.. I shan't be needing the dictionary though hun. If they can't understand me it's their problem, if I can't understand them, who cares, they're probably talking about warm beer our something anyway, lol... As for the yank bunch, they know me from olds and I've taught them some Yorkshire already :D Hearing a Texan saying ecki thump is rather amusing..

Clare, that's one thing I can't tolerate, miserable people.. There may be trouble ahead, lol. I know you're not liking forward to monday hun, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Plenty if folks for pocket duties already. Plus, you never know, if the timing goes ok (I'm afraid I might have got the times of our train mixed up) we might be able to shout and the miserables together :D

Jilly, oh to be by the sea, songs wonderful hun... Lucky lady. :wink:

Puschinka, cheers hun.. It's good to be worth it, lol..
    Should be a good few days.

Val, Joan.. Thanks girls :wink:

Our Yank friends won't know what's hit them though, they will have forgotten everything we have ever taught them about sense of humour and will all end up back in therapy when they gery home :lol::lol:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I hope you have a wonderful time, it is so long since I went, about 40 years ! Things might have changed a bit. I remember feeling grubby, worth keeping some sterimar to cleanse the nose and avoid a fall of soot. Too much information.
    Won't get a wheelchair,?? :roll: well. Matron didn't want one either and was very upset when the OT talked to me about it a year or so ago, but, it has been a God send and no denying. Was conscious of being in it at first, but now, if I can't walk it, I go in my wheelie and don't have a care. In fact, I am going to contact the OT again and get on the list for a powered wheelchair, as OH has to push me and I am not a size zero. :oops:

You take care, enjoy and we will have words about wheelies on your return. Hugs to both XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tjt6768
    Options
    bless you matron, you're a luv. :D
    I think I'll take some of my hand sanitizer anyway, can't be too careful when having a lowered immune system.. Wouldn't want to catch southerners syndrome :o:wink:
    Might end up all soft like our Mell :shock: :lol:

As for the wheels... I can't offer any smart answers as I don't have any, I'm just stubborn..
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Tony

so long as you are staying in a comfortable hotel....which caters for your needs and you pace yourself as they say l think you will be fine :D

The only other problem l had when last there was the tube.....some of the lifts were out of order and l did have to get taxis across town :?

Don't worry about meeting up with your friends...no doubt they are not the same as when you last saw them....worrying about extra grey hair or having put on weight etc :wink:

Take care of yourself and above all have fun :D

Love

Toni xx
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Tony - try not to count how many times you'll hear the word 'Awesome' ! Lol.
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol: You will have a ball! London never sleeps, good transport (generally) and night buses. Loads to see, great for people watching, never had a problem with unfriendly people in London. Look at a map and someone will help or ask and people take time to help unless they are tourists themselves. :lol: Keep your wallet safe!Covent garden is a must. Hope you will see a show too. Enjoy your time in London with your friends.

I used to work in London years ago and lived fairly near. Now further away but easy for me to pop there for the day. I have the best of both worlds. :D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks folks :D
    Hey, if I worried about grey hairs I would have been worrying a long time, lol. Got my first one around eighteen yrs old :shock:
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony if you go you must pace yourself, and dont afraid to say that you are not up to doing certain things, or if you need a nap, you go and enjoy it, and have a good time ..we will all be waiting to hesr all about it xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Tony,
    As a London girl born and bred I can honestly say I love living here in North west London, great transport links, fab museums and galleries, it's a multi cultural, diverse wonderful place.
    Have a great time Tony, and if you Janet and your friends want to pop in for a cuppa and a slice of my homemade soda bread you would be made very welcome :D
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    hi tony
    hope you and janet have a great time..go for it and rest up afterwards..
    georgie :)
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    While your ther can you get me an AK47, a RPG and a big bag of khat from the Somalian district mate?. Oh and no fighting that's an order.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    blimey, so much to remember.. :shock: Think I better write a shopping list for Mell.. Lol
    Thank you everyone.. And Poppy, that is very kind if you mi dear :wink:
    Taxi is booked for half nine so we can get to the station early, going to get the travel tickets for around london up here.. Train sets off at :? erm, I'veforgotten o'clock..
    I'll be in touch. Hoping the hotel has free wifi :)
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Have a great time tony..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Y'all have a good time

london is a great place, very busy but lots to see.

(although i must admit it was about 30 years I last went) :lol:

love juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks girls :D
    Sat on the train waiting to set off.. :D:D
    Hope nobody sits opposite, not much leg room if they do :shock:

Goodbye cruel world, lol
    See you on the other side :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    we are in that there london....
    Just sat in kings cross waiting for our pals, they're following down on next choo choo.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    had a nice afternoon, I'm really buggered now :shock:
    My legs hurt but my back kills... Never mind.
    Been to soho and china town.. Lots of strange folks around :? :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    one thing I didn't realise, and it's my own fault for the big assumption :oops: Is, just how un-disabled friendly the tubes are :shock:
    It's the steps that have really hurt me :roll: Surely this day and age they should all have disabled access :?
    I'm suffering dear friends.. My own fault I know, but suffering all the same..
    If we were to take the bus option it adds over an hour into the half hour tube journey..
    So, if I had done as was asked my by lovely pals and brought a wheelchair, buses would have ben the only option.. So travelling would be very slow.. How on Earth do folks manage around here :shock:
    I guess I'm moaning. Sorry.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely time but for me never again...rather have all my teeth pulled out.. Lived in and around London for a few years... travelling on buses and the underground...yuk. As i remember it pushing, shoving, no manners please thankyou or sorry, everyone walking with their head down... I am sooooo glad i am in North Yorkshire.. Having said that there is a lot to see and do and should be fairly quiet this time of year... Enjoy and watch yourself on the underground.. and what ever you do dont travel on it during rush hour..