Pot plants etc!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 11. Mar 2012, 16:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well those of you who really know me will know I love to grow all sorts of enjoyable and consumable plants, anyway today I’ve been potting on my Toms and peppers both hot and sweet types, and although I sulphur bombed the greenhouse a week or two ago I’ve also started to use some stuff I got from the local “exotic plant ” hydroponic store, this is meant to be safe for human consumption and can be used on an almost daily basis and isn’t only good for bugs but it work on moulds and leaf infections as well or so they claim, the stuff is called Neem oil it’s not a poison but a natural pest deterrent, it’s not too expensive either, it has a smell of lemon with a hint of Garlic with it. Anyway I’ve am going to use this oil to keep the bugs out of there and off me plants this year, as I’ve tried sticky pads but they kill good bugs to and I don’t like poisons so will use Neem oil on the plants and in the greenhouse in general as they say the scent should keep the area bug free.
I

Comments

• georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    it has been a beautiful day here for garden work..
    been out myself potting plants with help of hubby..
    only flowers though not nice consumable plants like you mellman
    but it has been nice to sit in the garden today
    georgie 8)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    had a lovely time pottering hacking here and there and seeing what seeds i have also put hoe around boarder it so nice out it a pleasure to be out and about val
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yeah I'm with you guy's, hey I even saw a bumble bee the size of a helicoptor!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Sorry Len!. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    our good friend and next door neighbour Eric fixed my big shed to the ground today. It had shifted over a foot lately with the strong winds we've had.. Now it's nice and sturdy, going nowhere. I've so much sorting to do though. Lol
    My first early spuds are already planted too.. I never know when to plant what, I'm fekkin useless and mi fingers are far from green. Only thing I can grow is stubble :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Yeah I'm with you guy's, hey I even saw a bumble bee the size of a helicoptor!.

got the washing in friday eve when folded it sat morning a masiz bumble bee dropped to the floor made me jump a mile . got washing in yesterday eve and was sure i heard a buzzing in kitchen again i had taken it up garden well away from washing but it was back but this time it had taken a dive in washing up bowl so did not have to take it out again did try to save its life but well it is no more
    val