ANY HORSERIDERS ON HERE

Options
2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds like a terrific plan for a Bank Holiday. I do hope your horse isn't one of those who decides to roll as soon as he sees water. Please let's know how it goes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Well, we made it, and no major drama's. He was really good actually. He walked straight onto the beach and into the sea, I know what you mean about rolling - my first pony used to do that in water (even did it in the water jump on a X-Country day), I just kept him walking and didn't give him time to think about rolling. He was as good as gold, he started to get a bit excited after a while, I think he could see the vast open space and all that sand and thought
    ooohhh, I could have fun here. So as soon as he started getting wound up we turned round and came back. Not bad for a first attempt I think. He was mega excited on the way home though and jogged the whole way back. Getting off after was the worst bit, oohhh, its a flipping long way down and my feet were killing me by then. I think I will suffer for it tomorrow, but I don't care, we had a lovely ride out, a bit of a paddle in the sea, what more could you ask for.

Hope you all had a good weekend too. I hope you feel well enough to go out next week Fols.

Jan xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Sounds wonderful. I'm so glad it all went to plan. Now all you have to do is remember every single, lovely minute of it ready for tomorrow and payback :)
    Steven Wright
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    By jove Sticky - I do believe you're right. Payback has started already, my hands are sooooo painful - time to get the wheat bag into the microwave I think.

Can't moan too much though as my husband will just get annoyed at me for being "stupid" - its not stupid though is it, you've gotta have fun some times otherwise whats the flipping point.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    For years my husband used to try to get me to 'save' my joints. For what? My reasoning was that I needed them then while the kids were young and I'd take my chances with the future. I don't regret a minute of it.

Maybe a long soak in the bath tonight?
    Steven Wright
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    I really sympathise. My entire family cannot understand why I still ride when it kills me afterwards. What they don't get is the feeling of freedom you get. I can't go out and run across a field for the sheer hell of it, I can't go for a lovely walk in the country for a bit of fresh air - well I can't on my two knackered legs. I can on my lovely Gen and I will continue to do so till I have to be strapped into the saddle and then I will break him to harness and do it that. I'm a stubborn old cow when it comes to things that really matter to me.

You carry on and ride whenever you can. It's the best medication you can get for those few hours.

Fols x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Well done to your daughter and you must be proud of her?

Tis a hard thing to decide..... i used to ride a huge amount and loved it as well. they told me to give up in '88.... I didn't and still got placed in intermediate dressage in '92 but them the marks mentioned stiffness....

I them did a bit of cross country till the knees said they really wouldn't get me back on after a fall... that's was so embarrassing :lol: :oops: :lol: Even with a leg up I couldn't get on :lol::lol:

I kinda stopped getting offered rides after that :lol::lol:

I stopped riding in 2002 but only because the optionality no longer presented its self....

Did I do damage... I would say not actually.... riding fit means good muscle and they have carried me a long way....

Long may your daughter enjoy riding. Nice to see you and hope your ok? Cris xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Fols.
    thank you for posting on here about you and your daughters riding.
    when you ride it gives you a feeling that nothing else can.
    i do miss it i rode for over 30 years.
    you and your daughter enjoy it you are the only person who
    knows how you feel.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx